Chapter 25 - You're only human

My father snapped his fingers and only a few seconds later a loud crash came from upstairs. It made my stomach drop and the stomping only grew louder and louder. Something big stomped around above us, but just what the hell was that!?

My eyes darted toward the huge staircase and the stomping only got closer and closer. Soon revealing, chairs? Yes, two huge throne room chairs bounced down the steps. Like they were being yanked by a cord. My dad smirked and wiggled his brow at me. Which made me cringe. The chairs kept falling and eventually separated. landing behind him and me. 

"Your dad's pretty cool right?" He said and dropped back into his seat, which immediately collapsed.

He fell into the debris and cried. 

"Ah! It's in my butt! It's in my butt!"

"You're kidding.." I sighed.

"I uh, guess the chair was older than I thought. Couldn't handle the trip…" He said with a slight chuckle.

…is he an actual idiot?

He sat up and touched the floor, which immediately made the ground quake. I took a step back as the floor ripped open and skeletons popped out. Grabbing one another and breaking apart until he had a chair made of bone. 

"That's better." He said and sat down. 

Maybe he is the Guardian of death…

I glanced back at the little thrown chair behind me. It was old and worn. The wood was chipping and there was a purple cloth attached to the seat and the back of the chair. It had some kind of weird writing on it. I assumed it was Arabic. The thing looked like a used napkin. I reached down and shoved it, it creaked but didn't break. Then I kicked it, again, it creaked, but didn't break.I took a breath and fully put my weight on it. No explosion. Good sign.

"By the way, I heard you had a variety of  familiar's from Boa. Where are they?" My father inquired.

"Oh, I left them with Casey. I wanted to make sure she got home safe."

"Oooh~ This Casey girl? So umm, should I expect grandkids soon?" 

My body shook and I choked on my words. 

"Absolutely not! It's not like that!"

He chuckled.

"Asf, I'm joking. I'm just surprised. You two seem so close, and she's not a bad looking girl."

I sighed.

"It's complicated, okay? Besides, she's got a new boyfriend anyways."

"Oh? How do you feel about it?"

Is he trying to doctor Phil me?

"This isn't what I wanted to talk about."

"Humor me, Come-on." He insisted.

I huffed.

"I don't know? Weird I guess? I-"

"You can…lower your mask if you want." He added.

I blinked a few times, my mind going to mush. What? Did he want me to remove it? Did he just wanna show while we talked?

"Why?"

"I figured you should be comfortable. After all, this is a safe place for you."

Something warm caressed my cheeks, and a rush ran over my body. A safe place? For me? My hand practically moved on its own.