Chapter 73 - Retry

-Caseys perspective-

My eyes trailed down to the little vampire girl, she had her arms tightly wrapped around Nova's leg and had no sign of ever letting go. To think she was shaking in her boots just a few seconds ago. I noticed blood was trickling down from her lips as her sharp fangs pierced her skin. I see, she was still holding back.

"Big sis! I can't find my rings anymore!" A feminine voice rang out from inside the home.

"Yeah, and my socks have gone missing." I recognized that as the voice of the girl who was at the door.

"It's not like it matters." A more masculine voice spoke up.

"You're just saying that cuz you're blind!" The girl called back out.

It wasn't long before Aesira showed up at the door. But it wasn't her usual self. Her hair was a mess and her clothes were soaked. She had a small tub in her and that had something swimming around in it. I squirmed a bit where I stood as she walked over toward me. As she got close, I noticed there was a baby with chocolate skin in there! Not a normal baby though, a baby with a fish tail. A cute sparkly rainbow fishtail!

"Oh my gosh! He's got glitties on his tail!" I squealed.

Aesira smiled a little and chuckled. "Yeah, little Philmores tail is growing its scales properly. But umm, what happened to you?"

She looked at Nova and gestured toward the blood stains that were all over his body. Nova responded by simply holding up his leg and showing off the dangling child.

"This one." He said.

Aesira Scarlet eyes grew wide as they roamed all over little Eos. Who had her face buried into Nova's pant leg. She'd steal a glance every so often at Aesira, who eventually adorned a very serious look.

"How long since she's been turned?" She asked.

"No idea, but judging by the hoard that attacked me. They claimed I attacked their nest and family. So maybe a few days? Few weeks?" Nova replied.

"How long can the Abrio state last?" I asked.

"Depends." Aesira said. "Some can last a week, others a month, but a month is rare." She turned back to her house. "Ruka can you take Philmore for me? And can you help the two find their stuff? I might be a little busy."

The girl Ruka came to the door, who I now knew was the ginger girl who answered it earlier. Aesira handed her the container Philmore was in and Ruka huffed.

"You know I can't find my own socks right?" She asked.

"Just try clearing your nose with coffee beans and sniff for it again. If you don't find them I'll get you some new socks."

"Big sis! My make up kit is gone too!" A voice boomed from behind.

Aesira moved aside and revealed a girl who looked absolutely stunning. Her long black locks seemed to shine without the aid of the sun. While her peach skin was blemish free. But what was most impressive was her fashion sense. She looked like a runway model in her cute little skirt.

"Luna, Big sis has some important things to talk about with her friends. So Ruka is gonna help you out, okay?" Aesira said and Luna huffed.

"Well come on Ruka! It's a fashion emergency!" Luna whined.

Ruka walked over and stared at the girl forms moment. Then, she poured some of Phimores water on her head and made her squeal.

"What're you doing tiger breath!" She shrieked