Chapter 52 - I don't remember you

-Nick's perspective- 

Jack slowly moved his foot off of my chest and turned back toward Lumime. Who was hastily running toward me. 

"Please! Don't hurt him! He's harmless I swear!" She pleaded. 

Jack looked from her, to me, then back to her. "You're telling me the guy who sprouted four heads and shot fire at me, is harmless?" 

She came close and skidded to a stop. 

"He's just misunderstood, that's all…"

"Yes, that excuses this little twerp breaking my things." He grumbled.

He seemed to relax, and as soon as I noticed that I flung myself up and tried to snatch his throat. However, something yanked me back and I felt deep within my stomach. Like an icy chain was wrapped around my organs. The breath in my legs felt constricted and I had to desperately gasp just to keep breathing.

Jack sighed. "Would you just sit down? I really don't wanna kill you right now. Osiris is already not in a good mood."

"Nick! Please! I can't keep losing you!" Lumime cried. 

Her voice cracked and it genuinely made my body shutter. Tears broke from her eyes and she looked at me with genuine fear and worry. Which, made me relax more. For some reason I felt so guilty. I didn't want her to be sad.

Jack rolled his eyes and sighed, then faced her again. 

"Look, I'm out." Jack said and turned back toward me. "If you come near another bar of mine I'll kill you. Regardless of pissing off daddy."

"Wait! Jack please listen, we need your help. I'm willing to pay." Lumime said. 

Jack smirked. "Now you're speaking my language."

"As the child of the guardian of light. I have access to all sun stones, and healing objects! I can get you anything you want."

"Hhhmm, tempting. Especially since you're one of Freyrs favorites."

"Please, it's just a few questions. I promise you won't even be involved."

"Okay, here's what I'll propose. Since clearly I've heard about you Beast eater, and I sympathize with your situation with the war guardian. And ya know, since I'm getting something out of this. I'll share a little."

"Thank you so-"

"One!” Jack interrupted Lumime. “You pay for all my drinks for the foreseeable future! Two, I want a second home, a new home near  the shining mountains springs in your dad's domain."

"Deal." She said quickly. "Now can you free him?"

He nodded and snapped his fingers. My body suddenly had warmth again, and I was freed. I dropped to my knees and tried to catch my breath. Dammit! I couldn't even do my part right. 

"Lumime, I didn't want you to do everything." I panted out.

"It's fine, technically this is all I've managed to accomplish today." She said with a nervous laugh.

Which I knew she did when she felt useless. I walked over to her and without thinking grabbed her hand. 

"It's fine, don't worry about it." I said.

She looked up at me and her cheeks started to turn red. While her fingers wrapped around mine.

"Ummm, hello? If you two wanna have a moment I can step away." Jack interrupted.