Chapter 45 - Meeting of the Guild masters

My father towered over us still. His face looked strained, as if he was trying to search our very souls for the answers. The skeletons rose from the black ground, as did zombies. They all surrounded us and I could see Nova becoming slightly triggered by this. I needed to speak. I moved to open my mouth, but my words hitched on my breath. Wait, if I do this, I might burn that bridge. If he finds out what I did, and why I did it, he may never want to see me again.

Why do I care? Suddenly the warmth of Casey's hand unfroze my mind. She squeezed me right and I glanced at her again. She looked scared, but she wasn't letting me go. My eyes traced over to her eye patch, and then I remembered mom's. I took a breath, no more running and only thinking of yourself. Maybe in the next life, I can get another chance.

"It's my fault." I announced. "I attacked the guild, I killed and…ate members."

His eyes widened, his jaw opening, but not a word left his lips. The shock, the hurt, the confusion, it was all over his face. My heart raced and it felt like a weight was pulling down on my chest. I squeezed Casey's hand and tried to keep myself calm.

I'm such an idiot…

"Nyx..why?" My father asked.

"I was..I was scared, I was angry. At everyone and everything. I wanted people to feel everything I felt, so, I lashed out."

"Nyx, you murdered people. Potentially Innocent people, this isn't a game, this isn't a joke! So tell me, is this true son!?"

His voice was enough to make the earthquake and I felt Casey squeezing my hand like a vice grip.

I opened my mouth to say yes, but Aeseria stomped forward.

"No! That's not all of it. He fought, because he saw The Horn abusing Monster lane. He snapped trying to save someone. Your son almost died here, because he tried to help." Aeseria said firmly. "The people took to that clearly."

"That doesn't make any sense!" My father roared and chills ran down my spine. However Aeseria definitely glared at my father. Not a sign of fear in her eyes. "They would never dare touch my son."

"You do a lot of crazy things when you're about to die." Nova stepped forward Infront of us all. "I came in when Nyx was weak, he attacked Casey by mistake and was defenseless. The Horn continued their attack anyways with the second in command. You can read my soul, right? So you know I'm not lying."

"The spirits tell me you threw the first punch. There was no guarantee they were going to keep attacking." My father pointed out. 

"Considering they were already trying to kill Nyx the whole time. I don't think taking him back in cuffs was exactly the mentality." Nova retorted. 

Just as he spoke, I could feel my hair begin to stand on end. The air became more dense, and it was like static was floating around. Nova immediately went on guard and so did Aeseria. My father's eyes widened and for the first time, I saw fear on him.

"It's already too late.." My father mumbled. 

I looked around hastily, not finding a single thing off. That is if you don't count the army of the undead around us. 

"Umm, can somebody fill me in? I don't have supernatural hearing or sight. But I sure as hell feel that.." I said

"Something's coming…" Casey mumbled.

Then suddenly the sound of thunder shook the area. Casey and I jumped and the sky that was once clear with the darkening sky was shadowed by clouds. A flash of a bright blue light erupted from the clouds and I guarded myself as lightning crashed down to the ground. It shook beneath my feet for a moment, as it calmed, I lowered my guard. I saw six new people standing around us. Three guys and three girls.