Chapter 77 - Snatch

Soon I stopped in front of a tree house and I was a bit surprised. There was a door on the tree itself, and on its branches were connected buildings and drawbridges. Making a very intricate looking treehouse. I could also see stones embedded into the tree itself, shining in the darkness of the night. I checked my phone and saw it was about ten o'clock. She should probably be up by now. Lucky me Japan basically has a reverse time zone. 

I opened my soul and traced over the souls inside. There were at least seven souls in  there, and they were all pretty frustrated. Well all except for three. One was depressed while the other two were extremely joyful. Man, she wasn't kidding when she said she had a lot of kids…

I walked over to the door and knocked on it. As I banged on the door, I heard a crash and some girls screaming.

"Big sis! Big sis! I saw the bug! It stole my lipstick!" Some girl yelled. 

"Luna move! I'm gonna smash it!" Another feminine voice yelled. 

"Stop! I already fixed the floor twice!" I heard Aesira yell.

Maybe I came at a bad time. I stepped back, but as soon as I did, the door flung open. And there stood Aesira. She was wearing a tank top and shorts. Which kinda threw me off. I was so used to seeing her in that letterman jacket and bloody wrapped hands. But now I could see more of her. She had curves and her skin was soft and blemish free. Just like any other normal pretty girl. My eyes traced over her pale skin a bit and eventually landed on her wide scarlet eyes.

"Nyx? That you?" She asked.

I jumped a bit and immediately looked away. Crap, did she notice I was staring? No, her soul still seems pretty calm.  "Yeah, I remembered you saying-"

She stepped closer and looked up at me. Her scarlet eyes staring intently into my own. "Damn, when did you get so tall? And your hair got less awkward looking too."

I blinked a few times. The last time I saw her we were practically the same height, maybe her being a little bit taller then me. Man, didn't think four months could change so much. 

"Training with a magic cat will do that I guess." I said. 

Suddenly a loud crash came from behind her and she jumped. 

"Damnit it! I missed cuz of you!" Some girl yelled from inside the house.

"It's not my fault my beauty distracted you!" Another feminine voice replied. 

"Big sis! Can you come stop them? They put a hole in my floor!" A masculine voice called out. 

Aesira groaned and turned back. "Ruka there better not be another damn hole in the floor!" Aesira snapped.

"Man, taking care of six people has gotta be a lot of work. I can come back another time if-"

I started to talk but Aesira cut me off. "Oh no! It's okay, really. This isn't far from normal- Wait, did you just say six people?" 

"Uh, yeah, sorry, I sensed the souls inside to check if you were here." I said. 

'There should only be five other people…" She mumbled and moved her hand to her chin. Then she gasped and looked at me with a smile. "You sure you sensed six people?"

"I still sense six people." I said. 

She didn't say another word and snatched my wrist then yanked me into the house. 

"Yo! Brats! Line up in Zeth's room!" She called out. 

"What're we doing!?" I asked. 

But she didn't say a word.  I attempted to get away from her hold but that was impossible. Even with four months of struggle training and dieting, I was still no match for a Vampires grip. She yanked me up the steps, down the hall and around corners. Till we finally stopped inside a bedroom. I was let go of and I could finally see the kids all standing in a row. The tallest of the group was a girl with long ginger locks and cat-like features.  Then came the boy and girl next to her. They both were dressed like models about to take to the stage. The girl having long and silky black hair and the boy having a vampire's snow white locks.  And lastly was a baby with a fishtail clapping in a small bucket. Yeah, these were all the frustrated souls in one room. Except the baby of course. He was one of the happy expressions, while the other happy one was running down the hall. And the depressed one was stationary in a room. I glanced back down the hall to the one  running.