Chapter 70 - Visiting Nova

-Casey's perspective- 

My eyes ran over the Tupperware as I tried counting all of the meals I had left. I had made eight birria tacos but ate four, then I made three burritos and ate one, and then I made Churros but I ate all of them. Well, on the bright side they were burnt, so they weren't even good right? I stared at the six meals I had left after making an entire lunch for the two of us. My stomach got the better of me again. I slammed my head on the counter and groaned. 

"Ahhhhh, ¿Por qué soy tan estúpida!?" 

"¿Casey? ¿Que ocurre bebe?" My mother's voice spoke up from behind and it made me jump.

"O-oh! Madre!" I said and turned around. "I'm sorry if I woke you. I just was ummm…."

She just walked over to me and glanced at the food, then back to me. 

"You ate everything again didn't you?" She asked with a snicker. 

"N-no! Okay maybe a little…" She mumbled. 

She reached out and ran her fingers through my hair. Her eyes scanning my face, and they came to a hault looking at my eye. 

"Pequeño, Mija, your not going back to the mountain with Nyx right?" She asked. 

"Oh! No! No! I was gonna have a picnic with Nova."

"Oh, is he back in the picture now?" She asked. 

I chuckled nervously and scratched the back of my head. "It's sorta a apologize lunch." I mumbled and looked away. 

My mom just leaned in and kissed my head. "Remember Mija, a path to a man's heart, starts with his stomach." She said and poked my tummy which made me giggle. "I had some extra Tamales for lunch, why don't you warm those up and take those too."

"But Madra, I don't wanna take your food!" I huffed. 

She just chuckled and ruffled my hair. "I can tell you really like this boy Mija, so it's no trouble at all. Just promise me they'll actually get to him and not to your stomach."

I smiled and nodded. "I promise."

I hurried through the woods carrying my Tupperware and tried to not think about the smell. Fred was my assistant today, he stayed attached to my shoulder and swatted at my hand everytime I felt the need to open up one of the boxes of food. Thankfully, we managed to get through the woods without me eating a single thing! And eventually we came out to Novas camp! Where I got see him washing himself in the lake. Wearing the same ripped jeans I had him wear on our last date. The sight made my heart twinge a bit. However, it was shortly side tracked by him standing up straight.

The water ran down his body and practically made his abs glisten in the sun. While his muscles flexed with every movement of his arm as he washed his hair. I swear I was drooling at this point. Oh my gosh he's so hot! Before another thought graced my mind, he started to flick his hair around like a dog, and it made me laugh. Hot to adorable, I don't know how he does it. 

Just as I was finishing my ogling, his yellow eyes finally landed on my own. Which made my whole body shutter, he looked equally as shocked and quickly looked away. 

"Casey, I see you've gotten used to your eye." He said and started to walk over to his camp fire. "What is it you need?"

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. Oh gosh what do I say? It's been months since we talked. And so much has happened in that time. What should I do!? What should I do!?