Chapter 20 - Nick wants to fight, again...

Nova walked toward us, and Casey's emotion's erupted. It was like I could read her thoughts, and I hated it.

'Do my hips look good in these Jeans!?'

'Is my hair pretty enough!?'

'Should I have put glitties and stickies on!?'

"Would you calm down!?" I snapped. 

She immediately punched my stomach and I keeled over.

"Do you see him!?" She whispered loudly.

"Why did you hit me?" I grumbled.

"Oh my gosh! What if he thinks Cupcake doesn't have enough glitter on!?" 

"You're so stupid..." 

I looked up and saw this Nova guy standing in front of Scar. A wave of joy and disbelief came over him. That's when it hit me. This was the boy, the boy from Scars vision! The boy who was supposed to be king of the wolves. 

So, I guess it's obvious at this point then, he's definitely a lycanthrope.

"Hey, how have you been holding up?" Nova asked and smiled at him. 

Scar leaned in and nuzzled him and Nova happily petted his cheek. The two were ecstatic to see one another. 

"His soul bonded with my little brother." Nick said and gestured toward me. 

Nova looked up from Scar and eyed me. He had a casual expression that quickly turned to suspicion. 

"Whatcha hiding behind the mask?" Nova asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I replied.

He growled and Casey elbowed me in the side.

"Damnit Casey..." 

"Don't be rude!" She hissed.

"I hate you so much…"

"He doesn't have his left cheek." Nick said bluntly. 

"Got it, so this is Scars new owner?" He asked. "Kinda pathetic if you ask me."

"I know, but we're working on it." 

"Is this pick on Nyx day!?" I complained.

"Now you know how Boa feels." Casey snickered.

"Anyways, I needed to ask you about something." Nick said.

"Yeah, what's up?" 

Nick went into his pocket and took out his phone, showing it to Nova.

"Ever killed one of these things?" He asked.

Nova's eyes grew wide and I sensed genuine excitement.

"The black dragon." Nova mumbled. "It's a curious urban legend. I've got some info on it, though I can't make heads or tails of it."

"Why's that?" Nick asked.

"They were glyphs I didn't understand." 

Nova walked into his tent and came back with a handful of paper wrapped up in vines. I walked over and examined them. Nick took the vine off and opened it up. Which revealed some newspapers, written in English.

"Glyphs?" I asked.

"Nova can't read." Nick said.

"Hey!" Nova complained.

Of course the Tarzan kid can't read.

"Ya know, I'm fluent in three different languages." Casey chirped and walked over to us.