Chapter 76 - Fearful Venture

I sat back on the cushion in the common area, occasionally glancing over at Hana. Who was respectfully waiting for Bakeneko and apparently Yukimi's celebratory samurai meal. I was already skeptical with the Feline making food, but Yukimi too? 

"Hey, Hana, has he ever cooked for you before?" I asked. 

"No, this is the first time I was able to capture him in battle. He doesn't often give rewards. At least to me." He answered. 

"So we have no proof to say he can actually cook, or do something nice." I said. 

"Always so pessimistic." 

"Im just saying, him being nice isn't exactly a normality."

As I spoke, the sliding door was suddenly flung open. "Yes young warriors! Your meals are here."

The smell wasn't bad that poured out from the kitchen. Yukimi smiled happily and rushed over to me. She set the plate down in front of me and I was pleasantly surprised. On the plate was brown rice, miso soup, salmon and some fresh vegetables. It all looked, pretty healthy. 

"I know it's your favorite Hana, so I made you double." Bakeneko said. 

"Thank you Master." Hana said. 

He nodded and looked toward me. "Yukimi worked very hard to make your meal prince of darkness. So please, do give her credit where credit is so."

She made all of this!? I looked up at Yukimi and she nodded. "Wife's cook well. Me cook well." 

The heat rose to my cheeks and I looked away. Then I reached out and patted her head. "Thank you very much."

She smiled and leaned into my hand. Giggling happily as I played with her hair. Honestly it made me smile a little. She was really sweet. I grabbed the chopsticks and got some of the fish. I took a bite, and it was honestly plain. Guess she was scared to add spice's. I looked it over and saw it was cooked perfectly though. 

"Good?" She asked. 

"Mmm, very good."  I held out the rest of the fish for her to try. "taste it."

She took a bite and practically ate the chopsticks with it. She hummed happily and nodded. "Good food! Good wife!" She hummed. 

"You're really stuck on that aren't you…" I mumbled. 

"Himitsu wanted to see you before you’re off. She'll be here shortly, have you packed your bags?" Hana asked. 

"I'm uh, not staying back in America, or Monster lane." I said and focused back on my food. "I don't think I'm ready to be…back home like that. Besides, I don't know what the guild master is gonna do if I'm in monster lane longer than a few hours."

"Yukimi go with!" Yukimi insisted. 

"No, sorry Yukimi. But I definitely need to do this all on my own." I said. 

At least, that's what Himitsu said.

Soon I finished up with my lunch and I got ready to leave. Taking a shower and finally wearing clothes that weren't based around training. Himitsu went out and got me a few things. Granted the style was pretty emo, with some anime on my shirt I didn't recognize. But it was definitely my more gothic style still. I opened up my sketch book and examined the drawing of Aesira. Would she even like this…? It's not even about that.

I sighed and shut the book, then put it in my sling bag. Once I was set, I tied my hair back and headed out. Himitsu texted me to meet her at the Sakura tree that boarded the woods. Once I arrived, I would see her standing there looking up at the petals.