Chapter 31 - The rythem of the soul

I followed behind Cyrus as we trekked through the woods. We lost track of time playing Guilty gear. Truth be told, I was just pissed off that I couldn't win a single round. I attempted to text Casey, but apparently warping time and space in the shadow realm, and bending reality traveling through the woods wasn't great for my cell reception. 

"You sure I can borrow this D.S?" I asked.

"Yeah totally. You weren't bad at the game for your first time, you're pretty good with Faust and testament. You just need to get the combos down." Cyrus replied.

"I don't think I've ever competitively played a game before." 

"You'll get the hang of it. We can play it on our breaks from sword practice." 

A smile tugged at my lips.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

It didn't take us long to come back to the group, which was just Nick and Boa. I squinted my eyes at Nick, who just laid on the floor and ate his cookies. While Boa was laying next to him. It was weird, they were both relaxed with each other. I definitely missed something…

"Hey, where's everyone at?" I asked.

"I scared Zack off, and I broke Casey's ribs."

"You what!?" I demanded.

"And now her and Nova are making out in the woods, after he fixed her up."

My anger flickered for a moment. He had to be messing with me…

"Ha, ha very funny. Dick." I huffed.

Suddenly I heard a rustling coming from the woods. We all turned and saw Casey jumping out from the treeline. Her eyes perked up when she saw me.

"Nyx! Nyx!" She cheered. "Guess what! I fought Nick, and made him use his powers! But he broke my ribbies!"

"Oh my gosh he really broke your ribs…" I mumbled. 

"And something else awesome happened! I found out I have a tenth of a war guardian ancestor!"

"You're what!?"

"Mmmhmm! So that means you can start relying on me a lot more." She said with a big smile.

I tilted my head. 

"I already rely on you alot, ya know?"

"Yeah, but now when you get ready to fight again. I'll be right there." She smiled and held up her fist. "I'll remain the unstoppable Cassandra!"

I rolled my eyes and bumped her fist, then chuckled.

"As if that ever stopped."

"Oh! And I have a date!" Casey said proudly. 

A twinge came in my chest.

"Oh yeah?"

"Mmmhmm! Nova said yes!" She snorted. "But he thought I was asking for the fruit."

"Pro tip, don't call him Eeyore when he's sad. You'll definitely just make it worse."

"But eeyore's a cutie! Plus he'd get something more fitting. Like…Rapunzel."

Nick chuckled."Yes, please call him rapunzel."

I rolled my eyes. Guess no one's safe from her terrible naming. Her eyes seemed to sparkle as she talked about Nova. Something I hadn’t seen from her in awhile. That’s something I could never do for her. My fist tightened and I looked away from her.