Chapter 68 - Cats and Snakes

-Boas perspective- 

I took a breath and relaxed myself. Then I held out my hand and let Origin slither out and wrap around me. "Alright, Casey, show me what you and Thomas can do with Coalescence."

Casey huffed and held out the cat toward me. 

"Not you too Boa! Hi8s name is Fred! Fred!" 

"Yes, yes, Fred." I chuckled and whistled again. There was a brief moment of silence before a low cry screeched from around the woods. "So! Today's challenge is to touch me once, even touching me with an object or a fireball counts."

Casey gasped.

"But I don't wanna burn you auntie Boa!"

I chuckled and sat down, then took out my phone. "Don't worry kid. Origin and Black Sabbath aren't  gonna let that easy."

"Black Sabbath?" She asked. 

I waved her off. "Unless I instruct him to come out he doesn't like to."

Thomas mowed and nuzzled Casey's cheek. She smiled and nodded. "Right! Let's go Fred."

She took a breath and closed her eyes. The two began to shine bright as their souls began to merge. Glowing brighter and brighter, her form changing and growing. Till the light disappeared, leaving the new Casey in its place. 

She had cute little cat ears, claws, and a wriggling little tail. While scattered dragon scales laced over her skin. She smiled widely at me and let out a low growl. 

"Awww, you look so cute!" I chuckled and held out my phone,taking a picture of her. "I bet Nova would love this."

Suddenly her face grew redder and she bit her lip. "S-shut up!" 

Casey reached up and moved the eyepatch from her eye. Revealing her feline eyes to me.  Then she readied herself on all fours. As she took a breath, smoke leaked from the corners of her lips. Good, good, it looks like she got the hang of the fire breath maybe. After a bit of a staring contest, she dug her nails into the ground and leaped off toward me. She was incredibly fast. Origin stood tall and waited as Casey suddenly skidded to a stop as she got closer and started running around me. Letting the smoke out from her lips as it grew thicker and thicker around. Oh, what a smart move, trying to blind us huh. Origin can't even use his tongue to smell anymore either. 

However, that's pretty pointless right now. I heard footsteps coming from behind and I just went on YouTube. Seeing the views for my most recent concert. I heard Casey leap for me, and I sensed Black Sabbath shooting through the smoke. I turned back and watched my big bat snatch Casey's hair and yank her just enough to miss me as she leaped. Giving Origin a chance to leap out and try to snag her. 

However, Casey shot fire from her mouth and blasted herself up and away from Origins body. Landing just a few feet away, as my bat rapidly flapped its wings and sent all the smoke away. Casey glared at me and I gave her a happy smile. 

"This is Black Sabbath, be friendly, he's shy." I said. 

"Batsy totally cut my hair!" She complained. 

Which made me laugh. "It's a sparring match. I promise I can heal you up with no scars after words, but I can't promise hair fixes."

Casey grumbled and looked over at Black Sabbath, then at Origin. She started to walk forward, then the walking turned into a jog, and the jog to a full on sprint. Black Sabbath flew around with some concern.  As Casey reeled her head back. 

"Origin, protect Sabbath and use paralyze spit!" I yelled. "Black Sabbath if the block works hit acrobatics!"

Casey shot out a ball of fire that was fast at Black Sabbath. Origin smacked the flame away just in time and Black Sabbath rushed in at her, she aimed to slash it but he dove right between her legs. Which made her stumble back as Origin rushed in, it's over! Just as the thought came in, a bright white light shined. Origin wrapped around something and something else white leaped at me. As the light faded it was Thomas the cat. Who happily landed on my head, as Origin coiled around a laughing Casey.