Chapter 38 - The Wolf king

-Novas perspective -

'You're inspiring'

'Nova I'm having the time of my life'

'You're really handsome too'

Casey's words floated around in my head, and I tried to just ignore it. However, I couldn't escape her words, or how empty I felt. I walked outside of the Mall and headed over to the treeline behind the building, throwing off the human clothes I was given. There was a tree nearby I scratched before I walked in, hiding my back up bracelet by it. I got to my knees and dug it out from under the ground. Once it was in my hands, I just stopped and stared at it. 

So, this was her aim the entire time. Everything she said was just a lie to get me to let my guard down. She's more deceptive than I thought. Then again, maybe I just really wanted it to be real. I chuckled and moved my bracelet on. At least now I know for sure, no one actually wants me. Good thing I thought this would happen.

I took a breath and leaned back against the tree. Either way this doesn't change the situation at hand. Boa called Casey about Nyx being missing. They probably already checked his father's home, and main domain. So maybe I should check Monster Lane for him. I can't afford him dying, after all, I'll loose Scar again If he dies.   

"Well, no time like the present."  I turned back to the woods and started to forest walk. 

….

As I came out from the border of the woods, I was met with a surprising sight. It was a literal war. The Horns guild members were all over the place, some dismembered and not moving, while others were picking themselves up. The stench of sulfur was swimming in the air and those random black puddles were all over the place. I tried to focus my smell and I found him, the prince of darkness and Casey. However, my heart started to race a bit once I smelled blood.  

I noticed a group of members walking over toward the storage building. That's where the smell of blood was coming from. I got a running start then leaped over to them. Crashing down right in-between the coming in horde and the massive hole in the wall. Upon landing, I saw someone important looking in the middle. He wore turquoise robes and a golden crown with small horns. Plus he was holding a rather important looking Trident. His attire suggests leadership, not to mention the members are following behind him. However, I don't think someone from a cocky guild like The Horn would have their leader with such baby horns. I'd say he's probably the second in command. 

"Nova!?" Nyx yelled from behind. "Help! Please! It's Casey! I-"

"Shut up, don't you see there's a problem right in front of us?" 

"But she could die!" He screamed. 

"I'm not gonna let her die! But unless you wanna fight the rest of these guys yourself. You'll shut up and let me focus."

Damn! I don't even need to turn around. I could smell her blood leaking. I can't do anything either with these randos running around. I'll have to kill everyone here. I'm not gonna let them die. 

Mr. Trident and his horde soon stopped a few feet from me. His eyes peered deeply into mine, and I noticed his sapphire eyes that seemed to sway like the seas. I see,so he was a guardian child. 

"Oh? You're the Hunter Nova right? The shiftless wolf whose hunted over a 1000 beasts?" The man asked.

"Get out of my sight. Or else I'll rip your throat open."

"Listen Mutt, I-"

Before he could finish I dashed forward and buried my fist into his stomach. He vomited immediately and keeled over. While I raised my arms to the sky and clasped my hands together and came down hard on his back. He dropped and I kicked him as hard as I could in the stomach, sending him flying back into nearby rubble.