Chapter 63 - The Bakenekos gift

The voices, the eyes, the room. My demon self kept making me relive those memories over and over again. And each time it felt like the first time all over again. When I'd come back into the temple, I swear I could hear the voices of the classroom around me. I could feel their eyes burning into my scar as they stared. It was getting harder and harder to fight. Till eventually I just threw in the towel.

I couldn't take it anymore, if I kept going I'd eventually just let him take over. When I came back this time from his vision I immediately shot to my feet and ran toward the big double doors.

"You can never erase your past!" The demon yelled as I shoved my way out the door.

The golden setting sun and the sweet scent of the Sakura tree greeted me as I came out of the building. I dropped to my knees and started to just take my time breathing. The fresh air, I never knew just how good it feels to have back in my lungs. After my heart stopped trying to beat out of my chest, I was finally able to open my eyes again. And there before me stood a built shirtless Hana with a cat on his back.

"Torēningu-chū ni masuku o chakuyō suru koto ni tsuite watashi wa nan to iimashita ka!" The Cat yelled.

Did the cat just talk!?

"Watashi wa mishiranu hito ni kao o miseru no ga sukide wa arimasen." Hana mumbled.

"Goshujinsama ni iikaesu na!" The cat yelled and smacked the mask off Hanas face.

Which made me sit up more. Oh my gosh, was I finally gonna be able to see his face!? As the mask fell off I saw his hands immediately swat his hair down and over his face. He did it so fast!

"Baka." The cat grumbled.

Then he looked over to me and I sat back. Okay, the talking cat is looking at me. Really wish I had Thomas right now...

"Uhhh, is Himitsu here?" I asked. "Oh right, they've been speaking Japanese..."

"Don't underestimate me fool! I am Master Bakeneko! Ninjutsu Maho master,fool!"

I squinted my eyes at him. Did he just say, he was a magic ninja?

"Ummm..?" I started.

"Listen here boy! For the duration of your time here! I am now your master. You should be grateful! Praising at my feet for this opportunity!"

At least he speaks English. I sat back and ran my fingers through my hair. It took me a second to realize I didn't have my mask on. I reached into my pocket and put on my back up.

"Listen, I just got done dealing with the physical manifestation of my trauma. I appreciate the magic cat training arc you're offering, but I'd like a minute to just, not." I said and sat back.

"You humans and your masks." The cat grumbled and hopped off Hanas's back. Then he marched over to me. Making the scar across his left eye much more visible. "Do you realize son this is why you're having such a hard time?"

"Umm, what?" I asked.

He looked between me and Hana.

"These masks you both choose to wear. It's why you both are so far back. Your demons wouldn't be as strong if you didn't build them to be so. Your insecurities wouldn't be so vast, if you didn't let them grow." He said and folded his arms behind his back. "Do you wish to be better boy?"

I blinked a few times. Wow, coming from Trauma to a talking cat speaking bars about how everything is my fault. Wonderful sales pitch.

"Yeah, whatever." I said and stood up. "What the hell, why not, what are we doing?"