Chapter 33 - The white fist

I leaned back on the walls of my fathers castle. My heart raced, and I couldn't help but tap my fingers across the cobblestone walls. The images of the cursed spirits were burned into my mind. It was just like being stuck in that room again. I tapped more harshly against the stone, and tried to focus on the pain my fingers were in. It wasn’t just their faces though, that voice. I hadn’t heard that voice since that day either. Was it a cursed spirit? Was it always a cursed spirit? Can they even follow me? 

My thoughts were suddenly ripped from me as the sound of something crumbling scame from behind me. I jumped away and looked back. I  saw one of the bricks was broken, the brick I was tapping… My eyes glanced down at my fingers ,and I noticed the tips of my fingers were corroded in something black. Just like when I grab Zack’s throat. I lifted my hand up, but this time it didn’t vanish. 

I should ask dad if he knows…No, he’ll just disappear if he thinks I’m a freak. 

‘Maybe you should just accept it already then, you’re nothing but a monster.’

“Shut up!” I snapped.

Someone suddenly whistled in front of me and I jumped. Finding Nick standing in front of me with a judgmental scowl. 

“You okay Frankenstein?” He asked. 

I can’t tell anybody…

“I’m fine.” I mumbled and walked forward.

“Really? Because dad doesn't seem to think so.”

“I don’t want to talk about it, arlight.” I said firmly. 

Nick rolled his eyes.

“Sure, whatever you say, Cheekless.”

He turned around and started walking, and I just quickly followed behind. Not saying a word. I’ll figure this out, I'll figure this out all on my own. That’s the choice I'll make. I won’t become a monster.

We walked through monster lane for a bit. Thankfully my soul sensing was turned off. I had no idea how I did it, but I was grateful. However, we were walking for a while now. I didn’t think we needed to walk anywhere special for forestwalk. So I didn’t know what he was doing.

“Where are we going exactly?” I asked.

“I got a pit stop to make before we head out.” He replied. 

“A pit stop?”

“Just shut up and follow. Unless you wanna try and find your own way home.”

I glanced back and noticed a Naga staring me down. He was definitely ten feet tall, with his snake bottom half. While his human top was extremely built. Once our eyes met, he gave me a wink.

“Don’t worry, the snake guy doesn't want to eat you. But he’s definitely not above seducing the prince of darkness.” Nick snickered. 

My cheeks flushed. 

“Shut up!”  I grumbled. 

His laughing abruptly stopped however, he turned back and grabbed my wrist. Then ran off into the woods. 

“Hey! What the hell!?”

“First and last warning, be quiet, or else I can’t promise you’ll live.”

That shut me up real quick. He dragged me along for a while, and I practically held my breath. That is, until we stopped at a huge tree. Which he leaped onto like a cat and crawled over to one of the thick branches that dangled over the edge of the hill. Thankfully urban exploration gave me a few beneficial skills. I followed his lead and came out to the branch next to him. Which showed the area beyond the forest boundary. The tree was above a hill, and down below were some men.There were two wearing a suit. One with long and shiny white hair, while the other wore a black fedora. I noticed they had pointy ears and lilac skin. While the rest of the men varied in looks, some looked like random creatures you'd find in monster lane, and all of them had weapons. There were about ten of them just standing around. I wanted to ask Nick what was going on, but honestly, did I really need to ask? Guy’s with weapons. Hiding off in the forest behind Monster lane, he definitely just wanted to fight.