Chapter 66 - Goddess of death

I squinted my eyes at her. "Sure, I think you are."

She then reached up and grabbed her surgical mask, pulling it down and revealing her true face. She had her mouth cut open from each corner. Her left scar going almost all the way up to her ear and the other scar going down through most of her cheek, showing off her perfect teeth. Her pale almost turquoise eyes stared deeply into mine. Then suddenly her trench coat changed. She was in a bloodstained yellow kimono, holding a cloth where her mask used to be. 

"Do you think I'm beautiful?" She asked. 

For some reason, I wasn't scared. In fact, she felt, familiar. Very, very familiar. I grabbed the hem of my face mask and lowered it for her. Revealing my scar to her. 

"Do you think I'm beautiful?" I asked. 

As I asked that question, a vision came into mind. The scene showed a woman in a kimono again. She cowered in fear as a samurai man came over, brandishing his blade for her to see. Without warning, the man sliced the woman's open mouth. Cutting her ear to ear. Then for a second, the scene changed to a woman in a dark cloak. Her skin was pale and her eyes were hidden from view. She reached out her hand seemingly to me.

"You've received a terrible fate haven't you?" She whispered.

Then the scene changed once more to a woman at a salon. She was getting her hair done, when another woman rushed in. Grabbing her head from the hairdresser and slicing the woman's mouth ear to ear with scissors. The scene changed for a moment again, back to the lady in the cloak. But this time I could see her eyes, her eyes were a bright silver.

"You were treated so unfairly. It wasn't fair to you was it?" The woman asked.

Then my vision became clear once more. Seeing the women back in front of me. This time though, she didn't dress like any of the other ones from before. She was in a tattered white dress. Blood splattered on the top and she was crying in pain. Looking me over with desperation in her eyes. Her mouth still cut ear to ear like the others though. 

"Please, goddess of death…" She mumbled. "Everyone thinks I'm a monster…"

I opened my mouth, but it wasn't me talking. 

"I'll save you, my child." I said. 

Suddenly the darkness faded and I was back. But the sight before me wasn't exactly welcoming. Hana was on the ground with his chest cut open. While Sui was kneeled down next to Homura, a bubble of water was around Homura's missing hand. 

Himitsu was the only one up and fighting. Her hair was longer than before and flowing in the wind. A frosty mist was coming off her body and she was wearing a gray kimono. While she slashed aggressively at the slit mouth woman. Who blocked her strikes with her scissors. She must've fused with Yumiki. 

Himitsu stomped on the floor and a rush of ice exploded to life and tried to crash into the Slit mouth woman. However, she dodged easily and danced around Himitsu like she was nothing. Himitsu however wasn't just randomly firing ice. It was a decent shadow trail that she dove into. The slit mouth woman leaped into the air like she could fly and just barely dodged Himitsu launching from the darkness at her. Now fully coded in the back armor. Then the slit mouth flew around and slashed at my sister, who guarded herself with her arms. But the scissors managed to cut through my sister's armor like butter, and pushed her back. Then Slit mouth woman flew close, getting in her face.

"Do you think I'm beautiful?" She asked her. 

Which seemed to paralyze my sister. Flashes of Face changer came to mind. This was just like when I summoned him! I need to take charge! Just a little bit of Karma.