Chapter 71 - Novas pride

The vampires were all glaring hard at Nova. Some even had drool coming from their lips. While Nova had a cocky smirk on his face. I don't remember him being like this, so arrogant to start a fight. 

"N-nova, are you sure this is the best idea?" I asked. 

But, he didn't respond, he just stepped forward.

"You should run away. From me and the little girl. She's freshly turned, but telling from the lack of blood on her dress, it's safe to say she's starving herself. She could snap at any moment." He said. "Plus these aren't the only guests."

What? I looked down at the girl and she signed.

'I don't wanna hurt anyone. Please help. Wolf king will die if he fights too. Please, please get help!'

Worry was all over her ruby eyes, but she seemed normal. I bawled my fist and looked over from Fred to the little girl. No way I'm running away and leaving everyone alone again. 

"I'm strong, I can fight. Let me help, I've mastered coalescence." I said.

Nova turned back to me, then faced forward again, then started to walk. 

"I'll attack you if you interfere." He said aggressively. "They came here for me. But I'll trust you to take care of yourself with her, child of war."

With that, Nova was now in the center of the vampires. While more vamps started to crawl out from the woods. My heart started to race and the little girl grabbed my leg. I looked down and saw she was shaking. Blood started to run down my leg too as her nails dug in. She eyed it, but she didn't act like she was trying to drink. 

He trusts me. To protect myself and this little girl. Even if it's scary, I need to trust in Nova. Because I know he's gonna be a diamond.

"Alright! I'll make sure she's okay! Just be careful."

He stretched and looked around. The vampires stepped closer and closer to him. 

"I'm Nova, The hunter of a thousand beasts. The apprentice of war child Engano, and the King of the wolves. Don't you dare take me lightly." Nova spoke with strong confidence and then, they all leaped at him. 

The vampires howled and laughed. While Nova effortlessly dodged them. He kicked and punched and tripped each vamp that came for him. Like he was simply playing a game. Then he went into his pocket and pulled something out, tossing it at one that came his way. Which immediately caused them to scream and fall to the ground. Making all the others take some steps back.

"Oh! My bad, I forgot I had some garlic left over." Nova said as the vampire stood up and cleaned his face.

"You little-!"

The vampire started to complain, only for Nova to rush up and bury his fist into the vampire's face. He sent him flying into a tree. Another ran up behind him, but Nova just jumped up and spun around, heel kicking the vampire in the face. 

"Come on! Don't disrespect me!" He yelled and sent the vampire rolling on the ground like he kicked a mere soda can. 

Once he landed, the vampire's started regrouping. All of them being pretty battered, it was clear Nova wasn't even trying right now. Which brought a smile onto my face. What was I even worried about? I should've known he had this. He is gonna be a diamond after all.

'He's so strong…' The little one signed. 

'He sure is.' I signed back. 

"Look, I'll pretend like you all didn't come here if you leave right now. But the girl stays." Nova said. "I just got done hunting and don't wanna have to take another bath."