Chapter 62 - The real me

-Three days later-

I followed behind Himitsu as we walked across her compound. She told me she wanted me to see something special, but didn't exactly give me any details as to what. I was starting to think it was gonna be some kind of bonsai tree clipping, or some yoga therapy. She hadn't really done much with me since my first day, I guess she was letting me get used to the place.

Other than her familiar, whose name I now know as Yukimi. Things are pretty normal. Yukimi has wound up in bed, a lot. And even at night sometimes she'll just appear in my room. Staring at me in the corner. Shivers ran down my spine just thinking about it...

Soon we were walking behind all the buildings where a small temple rested. The building was under a blooming Sakura tree, with a tiger and Lion statue on either side of the big red door. As we got to the steps, Himitsu came to a stop and spun around toward me. Giving me a big smile.

"This is the Tamashī no tatakai Temple. Where you will be training today before your training with Hana-chan."

I looked over the building a bit and then back to her. Ah, so we're finally starting training.

"So, what kinda training? Cyrus mentioned you were a pretty good swordsman. I only got a handful of lessons from him though, so I'm not really good with my Khopesh." I said.

She shook her head. "That's not till later tonight. This training is more mental." She said and walked up the small steps and grabbed the big metal ringed handles. "This is training for you and you alone."

She grunted as she yanked at the rings, a loud creak followed as the big metal door slid open. A cool breeze grazed over my skin and the door revealed a huge open room. I walked up the steps and she gestured for me to go inside. Which I did. The room was pretty empty, besides the statue of Buddha on the opposite side of the room. The worn walls looked like metal and had dents and welts all over them, like a war has happened here. The floor was ref and seemed to have the usual wooden style like the house. My eyes kept tracing over everything and I was genuinely confused. If this wasn't fighting training, then what is it?

Himitsu walked inside and the door slowly began to shut behind her. "So, this is a practice I'd usually use with very difficult patients with real deep and ingrained problems. People whose physical body can't take the mental abuse they've experienced."

"Alright, you're definitely scaring me now."

She looked over to me, but didn't laugh one bit.

"As children of Osiris we inherit many different abilities. Soul connection, negative energy manipulation and consumption, necromancy and shadow manipulation. I'm sure you've heard from the other siblings that we all have a specialty. Yours is soul connection, and mine is negative energy manipulation." She said and walked over to me. Resting her hand against my chest.

"Alright, I'll bite. What does that mean exactly? The walls here are dented and battered. So what kind of mental health check is this?"

"This is a temple where you'll be alone with yourself, your conscious self and your subconscious self, and all of the forms of your egos." She said,

"My wha-" Suddenly my stomach began to church and my heart started to race. I grumbled and tried to step back and Himitsu just followed. "What're you doing?"

"Your negative energy has manifested itself into a form all on its own somehow. Meaning normal therapy might not just cut it. I could eat it, but it's highly likely it'll just come back. So, I think this is the most logical method."

She yanked her arm back and something black was attached to her hand. The black substance morphed and changed into a hand that latched on to her wrist. She kept pulling and pulling and it felt like snow was just gushing out from my chest. Another arm came out and I stumbled back. The hands pressed on my stomach and pushed its head out, then the rest of its black body. Until it all finally came out. A black figure dropped to the ground and I was speechless. On one hand, my body felt so much lighter, on the other, I literally just gave birth!