Chapter 65 - Kuchisake-onna

Sui and Himitsu both faced off from one another from opposite sides of the room. Sui decided to wear the gauntlets Himitsu made for him. However, Sui still had a very nervous look on his face. While Himitsu was still carrying a happily casual smile.

"You're not using the emotion blade right?" Sui asked.

"No my dear Sui I am not." Himitsu chuckled and kneeled down into her shadow, she reached inside and pulled out her Khopesh. "Now, don't be afraid to go all out now. Boa was wanting to show Nyx the power of coalescence."

"You sure he won't get hurt in the crossfire?" He asked.

"Oh, Yukimi won't let that happen." She assured.

"Wait, you're not merging too?" He asked.

"No offense Sui, but wouldn't that be a little unfair?" She asked and reached down into her shadow again, pulling out a nine millimeter. "Besides, he should see all the things he can do base line as well, being a child of death and all."

"You mean like what Cyrus does with the shadows?" I asked.

"Sorta, for example, Nick is skilled in soul combat. We have an efficiency to manipulate our soul. Being our technical second power source behind negative energy. This allows us to hit someone on a more spiritual level, and usually physically affects their stamina or mental strength. As you know, I am a master at negative energy manipulation, Cyrus is a master at manipulating the dead, while Zack is great at shadow play. And you, my dear little brother, seem to have an affinity to connect to souls. You probably won't master all these talents, but learning to use the other skills to support your main one will benefit you greatly."

I nodded, well, it's nice to hear I'm not just trash. Which means coalescence is probably something I need to learn. If I can merge to different familiars back to back, I can be like Nick's shape shifting. Wait, is that how he does that? Does he have a familiar? He can't, I've never seen it,and I've never felt its soul before. Then again, if coalescence merges souls could I even tell?

"Right, so I'll be sure to pay attention." I said as Yukimi stepped in front of me.

Himitsu nodded and gave me a smile. Then focused back on Sui. "Alright, be ready. I've got Nyx-chan to impress."

"Somehow that makes me a little bit more worried." Sui said and took a breath. Then he closed his eyes. Homura slid closer to him and he slid closer to Homura, as if they had no control. Their bodies started to shine a bright white color until it was too blinding to look at. Once the light faded I was surprised by the sight before me.

In Suis place was a beast with long dark green hair, they had fangs and claws and stood hunched over like a monster. Their eyes shined bright with a bluish red glow, and as they took a breath, soft flames escaped from their lips. While the black gauntlets now we're morphed into claws. Interesting, a guardian of water with a beast of fire.

Immediately Sumura, as I'll call them, summoned the fiery wooden wheels at their side and charged at Himitsu. Who just preemptively dodge a strike from one of his claws that came at her head. Sumura spun around fast like a car and aimed to kick Himitsu in the face who had already gotten into a shadow from one of  the corners of the room, and zoomed away from him, then quickly popped back out.

"Sui, you always start with a right hook and a spin. We talked about this. Don't fight off comfortability, fight for the enemy. Every fight hypothetically should start differently." She instructed.

"Right." He grumbled. "Let's try this then."

He leaned, creating smoke between his lips and suddenly blasted balls of fire Himitsus's way. Who elegantly dodged the flames, the more she dodged the more darkness I noticed consuming her body, like black armor. The floor soon had scattered flames all around it. And eventually Himitsu stopped dodging and just tanked the flames with her armor. Then she suddenly started to fly toward him, taking her through the scattered flames. Only for her to dive into the shadows the flames had created. Did he just try to gravity pull her or something!?