Chapter 40 - Rejection

-Casey's perspective- 

"Don't even try it. The kid hasn't talked since we got here." Nick said.

"Even when I hittem he doesn't talk." Nova added.

"Seriously? Are all the Guardians of Death such crybabies?" Aeseria said after.

Their words floated around, but I had no idea where they were coming from. My body suddenly ached all over, but at least I could feel something. This reminds me of the time I got trucked playing football.I pushed myself up and opened my eyes, only to find my left eye wouldn't open. Eww, I probably have crustys again…

"Incredible, you're awake. Your cells were regenerating pretty fast. You must be related to a guardian. " A man's voice spoke up from beside me. 

I turned and saw an older fellow with snowhite locks and chocolate skin. He was super hot! He looked like he belonged in a magazine! I rubbed my eye quickly and hoped he didn't see my crustys. But instead of my crustys, or even my eye, I felt something rough and leathery covering it. 

"Huh?" I mumbled and ran my thumb over it. 

"I'm sorry my dear you lost your eye in the incident." The man spoke.

"¿Qué?!" I asked.

Then it all came rushing back. Monster lane being full of monsters fighting, Cupcake clearing me a path to get to Nyx. Then, Nyx slashed me. His panicked voice rang in the back of my head. It was an accident…he's probably worried sick. 

"Where's Nyx?" I asked and tried to move off the table. 

But Tall, dark and handsome grabbed my arm and kept me in place. 

"Your healing factor is commendable. But you shouldn't be moving around. The healing I've done can reopen itself." He said.

I nodded and sat back, my thumb rubbing over the eye patch gently. Wow, Nyx really did a number on me. 

"I'll go get Nyx for you." He said and hurried off. 

That's when I took a moment to look around, at myself and the room. My clothes were torn all over and filthy. I could see the lines of some scars on my left side and my arms. There goes my perfect smooth skin. I wonder if Nova will think I'm pretty still with an eye patch and scars? I sighed and kept rubbing my eye patch. 

Suddenly the sound of running echoed off from the other side of the room.  I looked over and saw Nyx. He looked perfectly fine! I smiled and moved to the edge of the table.

"Nyx! Nyx! Look! I've got something else to add glitties to now!" I said with a giggle.

He stopped and tilted his head at me. Not really saying anything at all. His silver eyes tracing from the scar on my waist, to the scar on my face, then my eye patch. 

"Hey, Nyx, are you okay? You had us all worr-"

"Shut up! Why are you asking me that!? Why are you not screaming at me? Why aren't you scared!"

I tilted my head.

"Why would I be scared or mad? You didn't do it on purpose. You'd never hurt me on purpose."

He looked shocked.

"Yeah, but how can you be sure of that? What if I hurt you by accident again?"

"Then I'll just beat you up! Or get Nova too." 

"I'm serious Casey, I'm dangerous. I cracked out there, I started seeing things, hearing things." He looked away from me.