Chapter 60 - Monsters Kingdom

-Aesira's perspective-

The darkness had finally draped over the bright blue sky, painting the land in a shade of shadows. Exactly what I love to wake up to. I sat up in Nova's bed and noticed one of the black out curtains was open, showing off the moon's bright and enticing glow. I wonder if Nova came in and opened it?

I crawled out of Nova's bed and stretched. For the first time in a long time, I felt really good. I started to bounce on my toes and genuinely felt like I could fight an army. Maybe there was something to this sleep thing! After a bit of stretching I pulled my hood down and headed to the door. Before I could even open it, Nick flung the door open. 

"Alright let's go." He demanded. 

"Nick, she just woke up!" Lumime protested. 

"It's fine, but I gotta go check on my brother and the kids." I said and shoved past Nick. 

But Nick immediately snatched my shoulder. 

"Don't worry about it. Nova took care of it." Nick said and held out a note to me. 

"Can Nova write now?" I asked.

Nick snickered. "Hardly, it's from your oldest two."

I grabbed the note and looked it over. 

'Don't worry Big sis! Mirana and I have got the house tonight! Nova came by and dropped off fresh blood too! So don't worry - Farah'

"That somehow scares me more…" I mumbled. 

But Nova really did a lot for me today. I should really thank him later. 

"But we're good to go right?" He asked.

"I suppose, I'm guessing you don't know where all the shops went?" I asked and started toward the woods. 

"All I did was chase old bartender's down. Jack Frost was apparently too bougie to go to any actual full monster areas." Nick replied.

I stopped walking and turned back to him. 

"THE Jack frost? The dude who caused an ice age?" I asked.

"Yeah, we fought." Nick said oh so casually. 

"Excuse me? You fought Jack Frost and I wasn't invited?" I huffed. 

"It's not like you have free time besides training and being a mom." Nick said and ushered me to walk forward. 

"I do other things…" I mumbled. 

"Feeding the homeless and beating up thugs don't count as hobbies Ms. Vigilante." 

"I commend your actions Aesira." Lumime chimed in. "As a child of Freyr I should be doing a whole lot more to help others. Especially with the type of abilities I possess."

"Too bad Freyrs kids are racist." Nick chuckled. 

"We're not all like that!" She huffed. 

"It's fine Lumime, you do a lot in your own way. After all, you take care of him. Which is a feat in itself." I said.

"The hell's that supposed to mean? You disrespecting your Sensei!?" Nick grumbled. 

"Maybe just a little." I said. 

….

The three of us walked deeper and deeper into the woods. Letting my bracelet be our guiding key as he traveled on. 

"So, where exactly are we going?" Lumime asked. 

"It's a providence near the War guardians domain." I answered.