Chapter 47 - Snake tracks

I walked out from the school grounds and was immediately hit by the sound of a shredding electric guitar. The other students were all staring and murmuring about the fancy purple Lamborghini that was practically exploding from all the loud metal music. I was honestly kinda glad Casey's parents kept her home, she'd be out here siding in Boas shenanigans...

"Of course she's gotta make a show." I grumbled and walked over toward Boa's car.

As soon as I approached it, she rolled down the window and smiled widely at me with her shades on. I just stared at her and she started to fling her head around. Is this seriously my legal guardian...?

I just ignored it and opened the passenger door and plopped down in the passenger seat. As soon as I shut the door, Boa slammed on the breaks! I fell back into my seat and flailed around trying to grab my seatbelt.

"Can you not!?" I yelled.

"Trust me! I got this! My license only expired five years ago!" She yelled back.

Not helpful. Eventually I got seated and strapped up for Boas rollercoaster ride. Even though Boa seemed like she was having the time of her life, her soul felt completely different. Her soul was quivering, there was a deep sense of dread oozing off of her. I guess I can't blame her, I did ask for her to do a lot today.

Eventually she slowed down and lowered the music. Taking a nice calm drive down the road. She smiled widely and seemed content with scaring me half to death.

"So! How was school? Casey, come in today?" She asked.

"Nah, her folks wanted her to get more tests and stuff for her eye." I replied.

Boa nodded. "They buy the rock climbing accident?"

"Yeah, they honestly expected her to hurt herself a long time ago with her death defying stunts. So it wasn't unbelievable. But I haven't really seen her since she went back home. She still texts me though."

"Well, that's good. Did you manage through the day without your darling?" Boa asked and nudged me.

I grumbled.

"I just hung out with Molly honestly. Went to like, two classes maybe."

"I'm so proud! You're skipping just like me and your mom."

"You're the worst guardian ever."

"Oh really? Cuz I just bought you a box of dumplings. Guess if I'm the worst I should just takem back, right?"

I squinted my eyes at her. "Did you already eat them? Did they Fall on the ground?"

She gasped and looked offended.

"What's that supposed to mean!?"

"You giving me a gift, for no reason, isn't a Boa thing."

She puffed out her cheeks and exhaled.

"Well! Maybe it's a new Boa thing. Now eat you turd." She completely turned around to the back and the car started to swerve. I jolted forward and just barely steadied the wheel in time.

"What's your problem!? You tryna kill us both!?"

She turned back around and tossed a brown paper bag into my lap.

"Oh hush, you're fine." She said and focused back on the road.

I opened the bag and saw a big white box. The aroma of sweet pork dumplings filled my nostrils. It was absolutely perfect. I opened it up and grabbed the chop sticks and started to eat. At least when I get to Tokyo, dumplings and Bao buns can be my everyday meal...