Chapter 64 - Japan's Guardian

Yukimi had finally sat back and let me enjoy the rest of the meal. While Hana started to clean up the room a bit. Yukimi was still right up against me though and I really started to wonder where this sudden infatuation came from. Was our soul connect deeper than I thought? Well, connecting souls is pretty automatically deep I guess… 

My eyes traced over Yukimi for a moment. Taking in her yellow eyes, her silky black hair and pale skin. Then my eyes wandered a bit over her pear shaped figure. Yuki Onna are known to blind men with their beauty, right before they kill them. I can't deny she was hot. But, Casey's face came into mind, then Aesira's. Even if she's attractive, I shouldn't feed into her obsession. It definitely wouldn't be fair to her. 

"Nyx, think pretty?" Yukimi asked. 

The heat ran to my cheeks and I looked away from her. 

"Yeah, sure." I replied.

I stole a glance at her and saw she was smiling brightly. Did I do something right? Or wrong just now? Before I even had a chance to respond I heard the sliding door slam open.  I turned back toward it and saw Himitsu and another guy walking through. The man with her had long wild green hair that was barely kept together by a ponytail. However, what caught my attention the most, was his bright blue eyes. It was like I was staring into the ocean. 

"Oh, Nyx-kun! Good to see you're in one piece!" 

"Eww, leave it to an American to flirt with a monster." The green haired man spoke. 

"Hey!" Himitsu squeaked and slapped his arm. "Don't be rude just because he can't understand you."

"Leave it to the Japanese to talk behind my back, because he thinks I don't understand him. " I huffed and glared at him. 

His eyes went wide and so did Himitsu. 

"Nyx! Did you learn Japanese in a day!?" She squeaked. 

"Bakeneko just gave him a spell. It'll wear off in a few hours. It's translating for him." Hana said. 

"That's great!" She said, "That'll make today much smoother."

"Oh?" I asked. 

"Yeah! We'll get started with swordsmanship training. This is my student Sui, he wanted to practice. He's a child of the water Guardian, also! I think I might have an explanation for Thomas too!" 

"Huh?" 

Sui stepped forward and snapped his fingers. As he did, I heard stomping coming from outside the big door that led to the pond. Hana walked over and opened up the door. Revealing a blaring red light coming from around the corner. Stomping echoed off from the wooden deck outside and Yukimi growled. 

Soon the visual became clear and I was speechless. It was a womens upper half with flowing long back hair. The bottom half looked monstrous and ghostly. Most of the sight of her legs were blinded by the raging flames of old burning cart wheels that seemed to be magically attached to her feet. The beast's hands were sharp and she was hunched over, having a very feral like appearance. I glanced over to Yukimi and I saw her body shifting. Her teeth were sharp and poking out from her mouth and her arms looked like they were growing longer. 

Yeah, I definitely don't want to connect to that. Yukimi might actually pounce….

"This is my familiar, Homura." He said.

As he spoke I opened my soul just a bit to read her. The creature was excited and happy to be here, to be by Sui's side. She had a lot of respect for him.