Chapter 37 - The Monster King

The sound of the piano slowly began to soften, like my soul was just barely touching the keys. While my eyes roamed over the guild members, two of them were still staring at the harpy, who simply wasn't moving anymore. The world glitched and I saw the faces of all the other kids. Staring at me and my bloody hand. Not a word, not a movement. My cheeks hurt from how hard I smiled, it was sad that they couldn't see it.

"Come on! Don't tell me you're scared!" I yelled.

A man with scales took a step back and I charged at him. The piano erupted to life, as if my soul's fingers were on fire. My fist came in and buried itself into the lizard man's exposed stomach. He fell forward onto me and I tossed him to the ground. I looked down and I was speechless. The lizard man's face was gone. It changed to his face, the one who broke me. I started to giggle and I reached down into my shadow, grabbing a hold of my blade.

"This is what you wanted, right my Malachi!?" I yelled and plunged my arm down to his chest. 

A bang sounded off and something blasted through my hand. My sword slipped between my fingers and my blood rained down on Malachi. However, it was like something simply tapped my hand. I slowly raised it up and watched the scarlet stream running my hand, finding a new hole in my palm.

My eyes traced over the flowing blood, watching it race down my arm. Wow, my bloods still red. 

Suddenly something bashed into my head. The piano sped up more and I staggered back, but it still didn't hurt. Why am I surprised though? Monsters don't feel pain.

"Don't get scared! He's just one person!" A man yelled. "Jump him!"

I looked up and suddenly someone with green skin and a sword was at me. They slashed open my chest followed by somebody who hit me in the face. My mask flew out and my body went flying. The world changed again and I saw the dirty porcelain floors beneath me. My mask flew off into the wind, and the eyes of every student burned into me. As I dropped, Malachi walked over to me. His round body blocked the sun's rays and coated me in the darkness of his shadow.

"Bet you wish you had friends huh freak!" 

"Yeah! The only friends he has are those creepy drawings!"

Suddenly he vanished, and all I could see was the bright blue sky above me. That's right, I am alone. Nothing but me, and my monsters. I pushed myself up and immediately somebody punched me in the gut. I stumbled back, but I didn't fall. My stomach churned and I felt my lunch come up. That's right! I am alone! I've always been alone! No one's ever seen me! The real me! Except my monsters!

My lunch came up and I vomited on the ground, but it was all pitch black. The sound of my soul seemed to calm down, a slow temper as more gushed out from my throat. Almost over flowing like a river. It flowed onto the ground and slowly they rose from my obsidian river. Black humanoid stick figures climbed from my stream, and stood tall next to me, slowly becoming an army. I giggled and wiped my lips clean. That's when I felt the rest of my monsters, they were close. 

"You said I was alone right? But you're wrong! I'm the king of monsters!"

Scar suddenly shot out from the woods and raced in at the crowd. He grabbed one of the members by the shoulders and flew up to the sky, higher and higher. While all his guild mates watched. Then, Scar dropped him. Their friend screamed in fear, till he dropped back to the ground, and fell silent. The piano stopped and I stepped forward, smiling wildly at the group. I noticed more members started to appear, this might even be the whole guild. The joy inside me bubbled out and I laughed.

"I'm gonna bathe in your blood!" I yelled and ran back in, the pianos' fast rhythm igniting to life. 

The stick figures charged ahead of me and everybody collided. I ran over and grabbed my blade, immediately finding the swordsmen that slashed me. He looked spooked and I leaped at him. Coming down hard with my blade, but he managed to block and shove me back. I stumbled and dropped back on my butt. While he only staggered back. Once he regained himself he charged in. I stayed sitting and only smiled at him. Thomas' presence became known and he leaped ahead of me, sending a ball of fire out at the Swordsmen. It blasted him in the face and he flew back into another shop.