Chapter 67 - Killers hands

Four months later

-Boas perspective-

I nervously tapped at the steering wheel of my car and occasionally glanced over at Casey, who was happily humming along to my death metal. Man, I understand this girl less and less. I mean seriously, what does a highschool girl want with a rehab center?

“So! Sparkles, tell me exactly why we’re visiting a rehab center again?” I asked and glanced over to her. 

She gave me a huge smile and took out her phone. “It’s to visit a friend! She’s been working real hard! And she’s been one month sober! I think she needs some glitties!”

I just started to laugh, yeah, leave it to Casey to want to give glitter to an addict. “Well! I’m sure she’ll love it.”

It wasn’t long before we arrived at the building. Casey excitedly ran out of the car and got us both signed up for visitation time. I didn’t notice till now, but she had a tupperware box with her. 

“Come on Boa! We gotta surprise her!” Casey cheered and ran off into the building. 

“H-hey! Wait up!” I yelled and chased after her, only to find her slapping stickers and glitter on the chairs and walls.

“Hey, sparkles, you realize this could count as vandalism, right?”

“But this place is super gloomy oomy!” She whined and slapped more stickers on the wall.

“Yeah! That's kinda the point, this is definitely not a rocken place.”

“Well, green and blue colors release the most Dopamine and Serotonin. Plus the sparkles are an immediate attention grabber! So my stickers are sweet little happiness traps!" She said and turned back to me, holding out a peace sign with stickers on her fingers. “It’s an ultimate strategy!” 

“Whose Dopa? And why are colors busting her out of here?” I asked. 

Casey just giggled. “Oh you’re silly Auntie Boa.”

With that she just skipped off into the visitor room. I followed behind her and glanced at the blue smiley face sticker. Which put a small smile on my face too. Casey ran over to a table near the corner of the room. There was a very pretty girl nervously playing with her fingers at it. Her obsidian hair was shining and her amber eyes sparkled. Yeah, this is gotta be the one we're breaking out of here. I sat down next to Casey across from the girl and she opened up her little box, showing off a wrapped up burger king burger and fries. The woman opened her mouth, but not a word came out. 

“Congratulations on one month of sobriety!” Casey cheered.

“I-is this really for me? I haven’t even done anything..” The woman mumbled. 

“That’s a lie! You’ve spent an entire month away from drugs! You’ve totally earned it! You’ve gotta celebrate the small victories. Molly wanted me to tell you, that you’ve got this Dianna.”

Tears began to leak from the womens eyes and she nodded. “I see, she’s still as spunky as ever.”

“Mmhhmm! She even left a note to give to you.” Casey said and went into her pocket, and her smile suddenly faded. “Oh gosh the notes not here! It probably fell out of my pocket!” She shot up and ran out of the room. “I'll be back!”

Leaving me alone with the crying girl…

We sat in silence for a bit before the girl did the best she could to clean the brimming tears from her eyes. After a bit of awkward silence, I spoke up.