121-123

Chapter 121 - Why Shouldn't She Take Advantage of Her Own Publicity? (1)

"That's impossible! You are lying to me!" Deng Lan's brain went blank with the amount of information that was thrown at her, but she still rebutted it reflexively.

Zhan Yun, who had been feeling compassionate for Deng Lan, was offended right away. "I am just giving you a heads up to be nice so you aren't counting money for someone after they have sold you. That is so unappreciative of you! Why else do you think Li ShiZe would have ignored his own sister and be so nice to someone whom he had just met some 6 months ago?"

Deng Lan wanted to rebut that, but she started having doubts after seeing how confident Zhan Yun was. She recalled the scenes when Li ShiZe and Jiang YaGe were together. Their closeness did give her an uneasy feeling. She had assumed that it was just love between siblings and had felt that it was better that Li ShiZe was closer to Jiang YaGe than with Li XinYun.

What was she going to do if this was true? She had done so much for Li ShiZe and even stooped down to befriend Jiang YaGe and took such good care of her. And the two of them had fooled her like she was some kind of idiot.

She couldn't help but clutch her chest. She was so angry that her liver was hurting.

Jiang YaGe had, just now, walked out in the clothes that she was trying on. The set that Deng Lan had picked out looked very good on her. The light blue dress made her waist seem very slender and the red belt added a colorful contrast to it, making her waist seem slenderer as if it could be wrapped around with one hand.

From this perspective, Jiang YaGe wasn't the very beautiful type but she was, for sure, the type that made men feel protective of her. She lifted her head, walked over to Deng Lan, spun around, smiled, and asked, "Do you think it looks good on me?"

She quite liked this set of clothes.

When she met Deng Lan's eyes, nevertheless, Jiang YaGe noticed that she looked very unhappy. There seemed to be a volcano in the works in her eyes. Jiang YaGe took a step back reflexively and looked at Deng Lan with a little fear.

The very next second, Deng Lan gripped her wrist tightly. She held on so tight that it left a mark on Jiang YaGe's pale skin. Jiang YaGe frowned from the discomfort from the grip. "Lanlan..."

Deng Lan stared intensely at her. "What is your relationship with Li ShiZe."

A look of panic flashed passed Jiang YaGe's face. "He... he is my brother."

Deng Lan grew up in a family that valued boys over girls. She was very good at reading someone's emotions. She did not miss the look on Jiang YaGe. Deng Lan's heart sank and now she had completely believed in every work that Zhan Yun had said.

Deng Lan might be fond of Li ShiZe as of late, but that was mostly because he was the best one that she had come into contact with. On top of the fact that Li ShiZe was snubbed by both of his parents and had been relying on the Deng's to develop his business, his halo had paled in front of Deng Lan gradually. She was angrier from being fooled than sad from breaking up.

Her grip tightened, and her voice sounded like it was squeezed out between her teeth. "Just siblings huh? Then you can promise me that you and Li ShiZe will never be a couple."

Jiang YaGe still had feelings for Li ShiZe so how could she make such a promise?

Deng Lan snickered. "Oh, I see that you are a couple already. Hw dare you tell me you are just siblings in front of me? There are no siblings like that. You two disgust me. And I have trusted you so and was so nice to you. I took you shopping. I took you out for food, to have fun. Was it fun fooling me?"