331-333

Chapter 331 - He Booked a High-Speed Rail Ticket for the Next Day (1)

The corners of her lips curved upward and she said to Jiang DeXian on the other end of the phone, "Alright, I get it. I will not leave in this weather. I have been staying at the hotel and won't be going anywhere till the weather lets up."

"With this torrential rain, the roads are slippery. I wouldn't want to go up into the mountains anyway."

"I'll let you know my return date? when I find out more."

After hanging up the phone, she started pondering over how to convince the residents of Dinyang Village to evacuate. It was one thing had she not recalled the incident, now that she recalled it, she couldn't just say or do nothing and watch history repeat itself. That being said, she couldn't possibly just tell the villagers that there was about to be a landslide and to hurry up and get out.

They would think she was crazy.

She took a deep breath before she called up the local Mayor Mo and set up a meeting time with him. As far as the Mayor was concerned, Fang JunRong and the others glowed a golden color.

They were the equivalent of the God of Wealth. They agreed to meet with her immediately. When she returned to City S, it would be time for her and Jiang DeXian to sit down and have an open and honest talk.

Fang JunRong pulled out her umbrella and took off in the downpour. The rain was coming down hard and the road condition was fair at best.

There were puddles of water all over and she would step into them from time to time. Mud got onto the hem of her dress. The expensive dress that she had on probably would not be salvageable after this. This was perhaps the most awkward moment that she had experienced since her rebirth. But it didn't bother her much as this was something that she must carry out.

She brushed her now wet hair behind her ear. It took her about 10 minutes to arrive at the local government building. The hotel that she was staying at was not far from it. Had it not been for the rain, she would have been able to make it in 5.

The mayor was on the chubbier and short side. With her heels on, Fang JunRong was slightly taller than him.

"Mayor Mo," said Fang JunRong as she nodded at the mayor.

"Boss Fang." Mayor Mo walked over to her and said to her cheerfully, "Just let us know if there is anything that we can help you with, Boss Fang. I will make arrangements right away. Just tell us; you are the guests."

He was very enthusiastic when it came to Fang JunRong and her group. If she really ended up building a factory there, that would create at least several hundred job opportunities and that would greatly benefit the local residents.

Fang JunRong wiped the rain away from her face and asked, "I seemed to recall that there was an earthquake here about a month ago?"

Mayor Mo nodded and, as though he had misunderstood what she was trying to say, quickly added, "But we were not the epicenter. We don't have a lot of earthquakes here. Last time it originated in our neighboring province and we merely experienced the aftershock." He worried that Fang JunRong would pass on them for that reason.

"I know. I am not talking about the factory. I am worried. It had been raining like this for two days and the weather report said that it might go on for a few more days still. Given the situation, a landslide might occur. I wonder if it will be a good idea to send someone to check on the mountain conditions."

Per her memory, the landslide took place after a week of rain. Meaning that it was not yet dangerous right now and they still had enough time to evacuate the residents.