209-211

Chapter 209 - Is It too Late to Apologize Now? (1)

Li XinYun was infuriated. She clicked open their school forum and started reading the post. The post was added by a Li JunRong, a fourth year in Economics. Not only did it refer to the original post, it also added two new ones, both of them were of Li XinYun when she was getting inside the Bentley and her face could be seen clearly.

Li XinYun had no recollection of this person and definitely no idea when she had ever offended him. Speaking of Economics Department, however, she did recall Gong YiLin, that one annoying suitor of hers.

Could this have to do with him? That seemed to be a stretch. What had she ever done to him? She just turned him down.

She had just walked inside of her mother's study and was about tell her about the incident when her mother nodded at her and said, "I'll post an announcement in a little bit."

Li XinYun was taken aback a little then figured it out. "Thanks, Mom." Made sense. The news was already on the most trending list. Naturally someone would have brought it to her mother's attention already.

Fang JunRong said, "Obviously someone was behind this. There are no other reasons why it would have been reposted over 10,000 times in such a short time."

Thinking of that, she was very angry. The two girls that she had been doting on was slandered and bashed by others in such a way. She planned to send the few worst offenders letters from her lawyer and sue whoever she needed to. She didn't want these people to feel that they could do whatever they pleased just because they were on the internet.

"Have Zhong Yi come over please. Let me see what are her thoughts on this."

Li XinYun nodded and fetched Zhong Yi quickly. Zhong Yi didn't look too happy. Apparently, she, too, had heard about the incident by now. That was normal, her identity was revealed right in the comment section. Even her Weibo had been located and it was heartbreaking to look at.

"I'm sorry. It was me who dragged you into this." Zhong Yi's voice was somewhat hoarse.

Li XinYun rubbed her own nose and said, "Don't say that. I might be me who had dragged you into this."

The two of them walked into the study. Fang JunRong looked up at Zhong Yi and asked, "What are your thoughts, Zhong Yi? If you want to deny that part of your past, I can just go and talk to Ning Qing, the boss of White Crane. "

She had a good relationship with Ning Qing and the two of them had partnerships in some of their businesses as well. Ning Qing wouldn't mind doing her a small favor like that.

Zhong Yi took a deep breath. Her unsettled emotions had been calmed the moment she saw her adoptive mother. She bit her lip and there were hesitations and struggles on her look. Finally, she shook her head and said with a decisive look. "No, no need to deny it.

"I did work there in the past but I also did not sell my body or did anything that I regretted about."

Those who looked down upon her would have looked down upon her with or without this incident. Those who trusted her would not turn their backs on her. She would just see this incident as the opportunity for her to see through those around her. She merely felt guilty for dragging XinYun into it all.

She didn't regret her decision to work at the White Crane. Her grandmother was very ill at the time and she was just a freshman in college. That was her only way of making enough to pay for her hospital bills.

Fang JunRong stroked her head. Such a simple gesture brought tears to Zhong Yi. She did not cry even after all the nasty words on the internet, or someone asking her how much for one night on her Weibo page. It was not worth it to cry for those people.