249-251

Chapter 249 - And that was How Jiang WenYu Caught the Zhang Family's Attention (1)

Fang JunRong must say that she had a lot of respect for Jiang YaGe. Exactly how thick skinned she was to be able to show up in front of her as though nothing had happened immediately after she was caught selling counterfeits.

Jiang YaGe lowered her head and said, "We, we just wanted to sell them overseas. We didn't really think things though."

Fang JunRong's lips twitched. "Selling Cherry Blossom Pills and passing them off as Beautify Pills in and of itself is an illegal act."

The girl with yellow hair defended herself, "We are selling them to foreigners, not Chinese. The foreigners are bad people to begin with. They had started wars with us in the past."

Fang JunRong snickered. "If you want to be a scam artist, then be your scam artist. Don't mask it behind patriotism. You are desecrating the word patriotism."

After she had taken a good look at those there, she said nonchalantly, "I sure hope you can maintain that attitude in court."

These individuals, who had just learned about the severity of the issue from the police, turned pale when they heard her words. Jiang YaGe had broken down crying. Her voice weak. "Please, for the sake of my parents... you were schoolmates with them once, right? I don't want to go to jail. Sniffles." As though holding onto the final life-saving straw, she even brought up her parents.

The thought of having to go to jail made her shiver and felt weak.

Would she not need to go to jail if Fang JunRong was willing settle out of court with her?

Fang JunRong looked at her incredulously. "Every time I run into you, you are able to introduce me to a new level of shamelessness.

"What makes you think you are entitled to ask that of me? This is after you have ruined my family?

"I don't know your father well but, as far as your mother was concerned, there is something that I have been wanting to tell you.

"Back then, your mother took the money from my in-laws and passed them off as money that she had saved up and fooled Li WangJin for dozens of years.

"And now, look at you. You tried to pass Cherry Blossom Pills off as Beautify Pills to make money illegally and ruin the reputation of brand. And now you want to ask me for forgiveness? There are certainly a lot of similarities between your mother and you

"I hope that you can somehow get rid of all those water that are sloshing around in your head and be a person.

"You can stop giving me that look. I am not Li ShiZe. That look is not going to work with me." She had no idea what had happened between Jiang YaGe and her barbeque son but, judging from the fact that he wasn't there right now, the two of them mostly likely had broken up. But, knowing the entanglement between the two of them, they just might get back together one day.

"Don't you want to find out how Shizi is doing?" She blurted out. She would hang onto any last hope that she had.

The answer that she was received from Fang JunRong was her back as she walked away. It was very resolute and rid her of the last shred of hope.

Tears streamed down Jiang YaGe's cheeks. She really wasn't as bad as Fang JunRong had made her out to be. All she wanted was a house to herself and a shred of warmth in the cold city. Fang JunRong was so rich so why wouldn't she refuse to show her just a bit of kindness? She recalled the look of contempt on Fang JunRong when she was talking about her mother.