167-169

Chapter 167 - His Life was Ruined, by an Evil Woman! (1)

"I apologize, Old Mr. Geng, for causing a scene at your birthday banquet."

Fang JunRong stayed behind after the banquet was over to apologize to Old Mr. Geng. Even though the couple didn't make too much of a scene in front of Old Mr. Geng and could only hold back their anger but, at the end of the day, they have still increased the disharmony at the banquet.

Old Mr. Geng smiled and said, "It's fine. It was like a show to me."

This Fang JunRong's personality was stronger than he heard, Old Mr. Chen lamented to himself. She refused to hold anything back. But then again, who liked to hold things back when they didn't need to?

He changed the subject, "I liked the jadeite that you brought today very much. Thank you. Do let me know if I can help with anything."

Fang JunRong smiled, "Matter of fact, I do have a favor to ask.

"I plan to expand the Beautify Pills market to overseas and might need to rent your counters."

Old Mr. Geng agreed to that right away, "Not a problem." That wasn't a big deal.

"And, if you have good gems in the future, can you save some for me? I will pay market price for them."

Many of the gems got sent directly to auctions from the mine and Fang JunRong might not have the time to attend all of the auctions.

"I have a few more jadeites that I am willing to part with as well," added Fang JunRong.

One who has a favor to ask should be the first to show a friendly gesture. Fang JunRong decided to show her sincerity. To others, jadeite like that was difficult to come by but, to her, it was just a matter of have them sit inside her dimension for a little while.

Old Mr. Geng's grandson was the most important thing to him. All of the gems that was extremely precious in others' eyes paled in front of him when compared to his grandson. He promised Fang JunRong right away.

The cooperation between the two of them, naturally, would go beyond just a verbal agreement. There would be contracts drafted by lawyers to be signed officially by both parties.

The Geng's had no shortage of guest rooms. Old Mr. Geng invited Fang JunRong to stay but Fang JunRong declined politely abut chose to return home.

In the car, she asked abruptly, "When you said you have recorded the conversation, was that real?"

There were always pleasant surprises coming from Jiang DeXian.

Jiang DeXian nodded and asked, "Do you want to listen to it?"

Fang JunRong's eyelid twitched and she said, "No, that won't be necessary." She then asked curiously. "What prompted you to do that?"

"Oh, it was a habit from work," said Jiang DeXian slowly.

He said it ever so casually but the pain in his words was real.

Fang JunRong thought about it a little: That would make sense. Anywhere there was a circle of people there would be strives, in particular for the ones who stood out. With Jiang DeXian's look, it'd be very easy for him to become popular as long as he was given an opportunity, so it stood to reason that he'd be the target of many others. That would explain how he was in the habit of recording everything.

She pondered over it for a little bit and asked, "I can use a personal assistant. Would you like to interview for the position?"

After working with him for a while, she had a very good impression of Jiang DeXian, especially his quick wit when it came to social interactions, or coming up with retorts. Granted, as much as she had a good impression of him, she didn't trust him 100% yet. She would not share with him anything that was top secret.