299-301

Chapter 299 - The Scandal about Jiang WenYu Thesis being Plagiarized Spread within a Day (1)

Zhang Bi was stunned. How could that be possible? Jiang WenYu had fallen ill and put a halt on his research when he sent his thesis out. It would still be a while before Jiang WenYu could complete his thesis.

So when did he mail that out?

He was overcome with panic and his hands, holding onto the magazine, were trembling. The magazine fell into the floor. He felt not a than when the magazine hit him on his foot. Staring into the hair, his eyes were unfocused and his brain refused to work.

It was all over. He had no idea what had happened but, with Jiang WenYu's thesis being published, it was all over.

"Bi, what happened?"

Zhang Bi's mother's voice brought him back to reality. Recollecting himself, all he could see was his mother Su QinMei's worried look.

Su QinMei was panicking right now. She had gone to play mahjong with a few of her girlfriends and were congratulated that her son had another article being published. Anyone else would be lucky to have someone published once every few years. Her son, on the other hand, having his article published in a top magazine was as simple as drinking water. Su QinMei thought they were praising her precious son Zhang Bi at first and was cheerful about it. She knew exactly what Zhang Bi had been doing lately and even pulled strings herself to help him out. Things would not have otherwise gone so smoothly without Zhang Bi leaving any trails behind.

That b*stard Jiang WenYu had some used after all. He could at least contribute to her son's halo.

As the conversation went on, she noticed that something wasn't right. Why did it sound like they were talking about Jiang WenYu? As she prodded some more, she learned that they were talking about Jiang WenYu. Su QinMei had no mood for mahjong anymore. She left for home quickly and wanted to find out what was going on. Whatever happened to Jiang WenYu only being half way through his thesis?

He was still down with the flu every time when her father-in-law called him up.

"Why was it that it was his thesis that was published? Did he write something else in the past?"

Her series of questions only annoyed Zhang Bi even more. He pushed Su QinMei aside and said angrily, "All you know is to ask question. How would I know what is going on?!"

His look was a mixture of anger, embarrassment, and confusion. His voice filled with hatred. "The thesis that was published was the same one that I had submitted."

Su QinMei was stunned. Stuttering, she asked, "What are you going to do then?"

If the magazine had already published Jiang WenYu's article, then her son would no longer stand a chance.

All sorts of thoughts were crossing Zhang Bi's mind and he was finally able to sort some sense out of them. Adding all the facts together, he came to a sad conclusion. "We had all been fooled by Zhang WenYu! He had completed his thesis and submitted it a long time ago!"

There was no other reason why it would be published so quickly.

He pulled out his own thesis and forced himself to compare it to the one in the magazine. The first half were identical but it started deviated from the middle portion and the data toward the end were entirely different as was their conclusions.

It was the middle of summer but he felt like he had fallen into an iced pond. Chilliness continued to radiate out from him. He finally came to the realization that this was a trap set just for him from the very beginning. And him, his head clouded by his own gains and entirely underestimated Zhang WenYu, had fallen hard into this trap and ended up bloody all overall. It was a complicated trap at that just pegged on his greediness.