357-358

Chapter 357 - "Mr. Cop can you please also run a test on the cookies." (1)

"You can always say no if you don't want to go," said Fang JunRong.

Li XinYun thrusted her chest out, her chin taut. "No, if this really had something to do with her, she will admit to it this afternoon."

Fang JunRong frowned. She did not wish for Li XinYun to have further contact with the other party. She only wished to notify the police right away.

Li XinYun said, "Don't worry. I won't drink anything there nor will I eat anything. I'll also bring my bodyguard with me!"

Her voice lightened up. "I also want to find out if she was innocent. I want to know if she was set up by someone else or was this her idea..."

XinYun was already an adult. To the extent that she had made up her mind, Fang JunRong did not want to go against her wish.

"Bring the Detoxification Pills with you."

"Mmmh..."

Li XinYun panicked all of a sudden. "Wait, Kuaikuai ate so much of them. Is it going to be alright?" She finally recalled that. Kuaikuai was the one who blocked the misfortune for her.

Fang JunRong felt that Kuaikuai would be alright. It was, after all, an animal from the dimension and no ordinary animal. But she couldn't possibly say that to XinYun. She told XinYun, "Let me send it to the laboratory so they can check on it."

As such, the mother and daughter brought Kuaikuai over to the laboratory and they immediately drew blood from it.

Kuaikuai did not look well and it kept its head lowered. Li XinYun became more worried. "Is it reacting to the drugs?" Nobody told her what would happen to a turtle after it had narcotics. Would it be addicted too? Li XinYun was very worried right now.

When the result of the analysis came back, Jiang WenYu asked them. "Are you sure he had some of the cookies?"

Fang JunRong nodded, "Yes, the entire box."

Jiang WenYu frowned. "We didn't pick up any trace amount of the drugs in its blood. That was incredible..."

That was what Fang JunRong had expected, as such, she was quite calm when she heard that.

Li XinYun, on the other hand, looked nervous when she heard it. "Will there be any negative effects on its health?"

Jiang WenYu said to her, "I don't think so. We can keep it here for a few days and observe it if you like."

He was very curious about Kuaikuai right now and was looking at it with his eyes beaming. Any normal turtle having that quantity of drugs would not fare well.

This one, on the other hand, was very much alive and well.

Fang JunRong hadn't even said anything when Kuaikuai quickly bit the bottom of her pants. Kuaikuai, who could understand human speech, obviously did not wish to stay behind.

Fang JunRong picked it up and said to Jiang WenYu, "It's alright. Since Kuaikuai is alright, we will just bring it home with us."

"Why did you name it Kuaikuai?"

Li XinYun replied to him, "Because he's quick when he crawls." She felt much better now that she had found out that Kuaikuai was alright.

Jiang WenYu looked even more interested now. "Mmm, alright. You can always give it to me when you don't want it anymore." He then added, "Or you can give me one of its children if it ever has any."

Fang JunRong quickly replied, "Will do."

She left quickly with Kuaikuai. She wouldn't be able to fend off these crazy scientists for much longer. This was the first time she saw Kuaikuai afraid of any human.