354-356

Chapter 354 - Why Did the Turtle Eat the Cookies? (1)

Fang JunRong went silent for a little while, then said, "I take back what I have said, I apologize. And thank you for being fond of me."

She really wasn't in the right mindset to start a new relationship right now so she was going to have to be the "nice guy" to him.

"I feel that I have impeccable taste." Jiang DeXian stressed again.

Not everyone was blind like Li WangJin. To many, the name "Li WangJin" now represents a blind man.

"I am not into office romance." She did not want to mix work with her private life.

"I can quit my job as your assistant."

Then he could work for her for free.

Fang JunRong got his subtle meaning and her lips twitched.

Truth be told, it stroked her ego that a handsome young man was interested in her.

As for whether she would go for it or not, only time would tell. Most importantly, the two of them shared the same experience and she would not need to worry about slipping in front of him.

As such, she tended to be more relaxed around him.

Even though the two of them had already had the conversation, the way they got along did not change.

It wasn't that Fang JunRong didn't want to look for a new assistant. Problem was it was always difficult going from riches to rags.

She was already used to having Jiang DeXian, the super assistant soit was very difficult for her to switch to someone else.

Well, she would just have to leave things as they were for now and take her time in looking for a new assistant.

She got time.

Going forward, she would just pay Jiang DeXian directly out of her own pocket.

***

A few days later, Fang JunRong said she had bought herself a pet and presented her turtle to the others. XinYun even named it Kuaikuai (T/L: "fast") as this turtle could move around quickly, very different from what one would normally think of a turtle.

Fang JunRong knew full well that the turtle could move at lightning speed when it wanted to.

She had already warned Kuaikuai to not do anything too out of the ordinary. It's current speed would bring about exclamations but not so much that it would be sent to a laboratory.

Kuaikuai was also a picky eater and would only eat the fruits from the dimension.

It would not eat the regular fruits from the market. That made sense, as it was a pet from the dimension.

Fang JunRong had further learned that it would also eat gems such as jadeite. Fang JunRong wasn't paying too much attention one time and she lost a bracelet that way.

She only figured it out from the crumbs left on its mouth. Kuaikuai was lectured. Fruits were alright but eating gems would be like burning her money!

All in all, Fang JunRong's family very much welcomed Kuaikuai, especially XinYun. She would bring it with her to show it off from time to time.

August 16, XinYun's debutante was finally here.

Fang JunRong booked the best hotel in City S to celebrate XinYun's birthday.

There were a lot of guests that day and XinYun was the brightest pearl that day. She had on an entire set of jadeite head ornaments.

The glass-type jadeites came from the rock that she had bought in the past. Their sparks caught everyone's attention.