296-298

Chapter 296 - The Newest Issue of Nature was Released on June 24 (1)

Zhang Bi looked at the half-finished thesis-statement and the feeling of excitement continued to grow in his chest. He wanted to laugh out loud. This had all gone smoother than he had expected.

Even though Zhang WenYu had always emailed himself the thesis-statement from the computer and then deleted it afterward, he was so silly that he did not empty out the recycle bin. Zhang Bi was, therefore, able to retrieve it easily.

The final revision was all that was left to do on the thesis-statement. He would need to stall Zhang WenYu for a little while. That would allow him time to have the thesis statement published before him. It'd be best if Zhang WenYu could be sick for a little while.

Unfortunately, due to Fang JunRong's Detoxification Pills, it had made it impossible for him to poison Zhang WenYu. Their grandfather, who had all his attention on Zhang WenYu right now, would be very upset if he had gone too far.

With the thesis statement in his hand, there was a regretful look on his handsome face.

As a man of action, Zhang Bi was very efficient. He had his men gone around collecting used masks from flu patients, etc. and hid them in Zhang Bi's room and laboratory so Zhang WenYu would come into contact with them. He succeeded in just a few days when Zhang WenYu started sneezing and coughing.

He had wanted stronger viruses but it was unfortunate that the wasn't able to get his hands on them. The flu would have to do.

Of course, it would be even better if Zhang WenYu could just disappear from this world.

That thought crossed his him. As long as Zhang WenYu was around, Grandpa would always been turning to him and the family's resources would also bit by bit go toward Zhang WenYu and eat into Zhang Bi's standing.

How he would be able to accomplish what he wanted without seeming that he was involved was a big problem. He couldn't possibly let anyone suspect that he had anything to do with it. He needed to think this one through and be the final winner in this. In addition to the thesis statement, Zhang WenYu had also been working on a few experimental projects. He was able to get his hands on all of them and, as long as he followed them step by step, he would be able to get the result even if it would take him longer.

Now that Zhang WenYu had already lost his usefulness, it was time for him to disappear.

Perhaps he could do some more instigations with their cousins? There was no way that all of the cousins who had spent years fighting with each other would be okay with an outsider coming in and swooping away all everything that they had fought over.

***

Jiang WenYu, who was down with the flu as far as Zhang Bi was concerned, was, right now, sitting around enjoying a peach from Fang JunRong. He couldn't look any healthier.

He had surveillance cameras installed in his room and was well aware of what Zhang Bi had been up to. He figured out what was Zhang Bi's intention after he tested for the viruses on the items that Zhang Bi had left behind. Zhang Bi had intended for him to be sick in order to stall him.

Nevertheless, he had already submitted his thesis statement over a month ago. The review team had already given him a call 2 weeks prior, informing him that they did not find any initial during the preliminary review and they were in the process of securing experts to conduct clinical trials. As such, they would need a little bit of time before the thesis would appear in the publications.

When he was done with the peach, he washed the pit thoroughly and placed it inside of a box. Not only did these fruits from Fang JunRong were more nutritious than the normal ones, they were also important test subjects of his. He wasn't going to just throw them away casually.