9

I woke up the other day with my bum not hurting that much anymore, which I was glad for.

I tiptoed out of my room, ready to surprise mum but... when I came out of my room all I saw was empty, dark flat.

"Mum?" I looked around, walking towards her bedroom.
I pushed the door open to relieve an empty bed.

I came into the kitchen with saddened mood.
I grabbed some cereal and milk, taking it with me to the table where a sticky note was left.

'I am sorry baby, unfortunately I had to go to work earlier today. Have a great day, I love you.'

"I love you too." I sighed because she couldn't even hear me right now.

•••
When I arrived to school my first steps led to my locker where I could see Zayn taking his books out as well.

"Hey." I greeted him. He turned around with mouth agape, shocked expression on his face.

"You scared me!" he put all the things back in, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"How have you been? What about Mr. Tomlinson?" he whispered into my ear before he pulled away.

"Well, we-" I realized I couldn't tell him about it even if I wanted to.

If anything went wrong Louis would probably get fired. Well, I was 18 but still... I didn't want him to lose his jobs because of me, it wasn't worth the risk.

"We weren't even talking that much." I shrugged, opening my locker. I didn't have to act like I was upset... because I was. Louis didn't utter a word about what happened between us.

"Really, not even a kiss?" my mind immediately ran back to when I had kissed him for the first time (and the only time I remember).

"No." I lied.

"Come here." he pulled me into a hug once more.

"I would swear there was potential." he was thinking into things too much. (Same us as Zee, welcome to the circus!)

"Certainly not." I looked down on the tips of my vans. This one was true at least.

"You will find yourself someone much better, believe me." I smashed the door from my locker shut, joining Zayn to the class.

"You think?" we turned around the corner, seeing Tomlinson who was walking from the opposite direction right towards us.

"Of course." Zayn placed his left arm around my arms, leading me into the classroom.

I exchanged a quick look with Louis before he disappeared from my field of view.

Fuck, I definitely wasn't ready for this.

"By the way, I had to speak to your mom. I thought something happened between you two since you stayed there for longer time than was planned. I didn't want her to find out. But... now I see it was nothing, right?" he put down his bag.

"Yeah, absolutely nothing." I put my bag down as well, raising my corners into a forced smile.

•••
"Alright class, today we will talk about the history of London, open your books at page 164 please." I kept staring out of the window, unable to concentrate.

My mind was full of my biology professor. I promise I could hear him whine in my head, I was worried something had happened to him and he was in trouble now. What if he really needed help?

"Mr. Styles!" my history teacher shouted at me.

"Oh, I- I am sorry miss."

"You better be. You haven't attended school for more than a week and now that you are back I would expect you to pay attention! You will make a presentation on London's whole history. Get it ready for our next lesson." she spat out angrily.

"Miss-" I wanted to defend myself but that bitch wouldn't let me.

"I don't care. Pay attention to the class now." I bloody hate her.

The next lesson was supposed to be in two days, there was no way I could prepare the whole presentation on this theme in such a short time.

•••
I couldn't wait to go home finally, I was ready to go to sleep since I was still pretty tired from my last heat.

There is a difference between spending heat on your own and spending it with alpha, quite big difference.
And the school just drained all the energy I had left.

I was making my way towards the entrance door of our school when I could hear Louis' whines in my ears once again. Was I hallucinating or something?

"Hey Harreh! There you are." I turned on my heels to see Zayn running towards me.

"I was scared he saw you." he gasped for air, his breath still uneven from the quick activity he had done previously.

"Who?"

"Tomlinson." my stomach knotted itself at those words.

"What about him?" well, now I was worried even more.

"He unexpectedly got his rut today."

"What?" I thought I perhaps heard him wrong.

"You heard me right. He had to go home, forcefully of course. According to principal it was really unexpected. They need to evident teacher's ruts for obvious reasons and his was always on point, not this time though." Zayn breathed in deeply after he had let this jumble of words out.

"What was the reason for this to happen?" we slowly began to make our way out of the school together.

"Maybe some omega? That's my guess. But this is pretty complex so I am not sure." Zayn shrugged.

My head was clouded with thoughts that included that one particular alpha all throughout my way home.

Was there a possibility for me to be the reason?
No, he only saw me once today.

I couldn't be the reason, right?

——————————————————————————
A/N
Willow - dancing witch edition, that's all I am gonna say.

I hope you are all doing great my loves!

Sending you kisses<3

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜