44

Louis was currently sitting at his desk, grading the second pile of exams. It could be something around midnight right now.

"I wonder why did I become a teacher sometimes." he sighed tiredly, taking yet another exam from that pile.

When he was done with the whole second pile he rested his red ball pen down on the table.

Louis huffed, getting up to get himself a glass of water. When he returned back he took his place behind the table once again, taking a look over the last pile of exams he had there.

When he was finally done it was something around 1am. 

Louis kept sitting at his desk though, staring into the wall in front of him blankly. He really didn't feel like going to sleep right now. He knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep even if he wanted to, so he grabbed his laptop and went to his gallery.

He clicked on one of the many files he had there. It wasn't a file like any other. It wasn't full of animals or plants that he had photographed. This file was special.

He clicked on the first video he had there with his eyes glued to the screen.

"Boobear, come here! Come here!" it was a video of Louis when he was small. It was taken on some old camera but it held a lot of memories.

The small boy ran towards the person, whom called out for him, looking up into the camera while smiling widely.
He was just an innocent child back then. Smiling could never be easier for him.

"Say it." the woman behind the camera giggled.
"I love mom." after that she crouched down to level with Louis, giving him a kiss on his forehead.

It was Louis' mother, Jay.

As soon as that video finished playing another in the row began to play.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear boobear. Happy birthday to you." it was another recording taken by Louis' mom. He was seated behind a table, cake with 9 candles in front of him.
"Wish for something darling." Louis thought for a moment before he blowed the candles.
"What did you wish for?"
"Can't tell, it wouldn't come true."
"Sure, you are right. Let's cut the cake now baby." and then the recording ended.

Louis stopped the video player with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I miss you so much mom. I would-" he reached to the touchpad of his laptop, searching for the pictures now intead.

There was a lot of them. It was always Louis and Jay. They had each other and they were happy that way. Louis never really missed his father. His mother told him he wasn't happy with them and that was enough for the boy. He was never curious about looking for him.

When Louis was in his teens they developed much more friendlier relationship than the classical son and mother one. Jay often said that Louis was her best friend and son all in one. She used to say that even at work.
They just had this special bond.

He clicked on one of the pictures, staring on his mother's happy face with tears in his eyes. It was a picture of them at some restaurant where they had celebrated Louis' 18th birthday together.

"Miss you mom." the blue eyed alpha whispered.
"I wish you could be here now. I have been teaching for some time now and I- met a boy. You would love him. He is so kind and pure, just like you." Louis sobbed loudly.
"I am going to be a dad." he bit on his lip harshly.
"If everything goes right." Louis saddened even more as the reality hit him hard. Only if everything goes right...

"I wish you could come back, just for a day. I wish I could hug you one last time." Louis continued to cry, laying his head down onto his desk.

"Love you." he whispered as he began to calm down. His eyelids got heavy soon.
Louis ended up falling asleep on his desk. It was no surprise. He was exhausted, both mentally and physically.