93

Harry lost consciousness and Louis his mind. He couldn't think straight when he saw what he saw. Harry's whole body went limp.
"H-Harry." he could hear a loud buzz filling his ears.
"Mr. Tomlinson." one of the nurses pulled him back and accompanied him out of the room.
"I don't want to lose him."
"Mr. Tomlinson, we are doing what we can. Leave it to the professionals." she said before she closed the door in front of him.

Louis couldn't hear his boy's thoughts anymore. He couldn't hear a single thing. It was completely silent right now.

The alpha paced around the hallway nervously. His heartbeat was never as quick as it was now. He couldn't stand the tension, he couldn't stand not knowing if he gets to see his omega's green eyes ever again.
"Harry gosh, don't leave me here." be rested his hands against his lips.

They took a lot of time. Louis knew that the more time they took the worse it was going to be.

It was driving him crazy. He needed him. Harry was the person that changed him for the better.

After approximately an hour and half the door from the right room opened.
Louis immediately scuttled over.

"How's he?" he forgot to breathe from how worried he was in that moment.
"It wasn't easy. In one moment we were almost sure he wouldn't make it but he surprised us. However he is not in good condition at all." Louis swallowed harshly at those words.
"It's hard to predict how he is gonna be tomorrow." the doctor pursed his lips.
"He will stay here, right? You'll take care of him. I can pay for anything." Louis felt the urge to remind him. He wanted just the best for Harry.
"He is gonna have a room like everybody here Mr. Tomlinson, you don't have to worry. Our nurses and doctors will be ready to do their best to help him if anything happens."

"I want to stay with him. When can I see him?"
"Wait for the nurse, please. She will tell you more." Louis nodded and thanked the doctor before he disappeared from his sight.

Couple minutes later a nurse came out, heading in Louis' direction.
"Your omega will be taken to the room 18 on this exact floor. It's on the other side of the hallway. Your baby girl was taken to the incubator already."

"Thank you so much. Can- can I see her?" Louis asked almost in a whisper. He didn't want Harry to be alone but- the urge to see Raven was overwhelming. After all she was his first child, his firstborn daughter.
"Yes, follow me please." the nurse led Louis around the room with newborns as they walked down the hallway. He remembered the time when he ended up standing here. It happened quite some time back, yet it felt like it came about yesterday. Time is a weird thing.

Louis looked at the kids, feeling sadness wash over him. He was sad his daughter had to be a premature baby.
He haven't even heard what issues it caused her yet.

Louis was well aware that there was no way to avoid premature birth.
He just hoped Raven will be okay and Harry too. Maybe it was better for him to go into labour now after all.

"Marla?" the nurse that led Louis through entered some room, calling out for -most likely- another nurse.
"Yes, Kate?"
"Mr. Tomlinson is here for his daughter Raven." Marla nodded before she waved Louis over. He came in and Kate left them there on their own, shutting the door closed behind her.

"How is she?" Louis asked in a low voice as to not disturb the babies that were around them. There were only four incubators in this room. These babies needed much more care and help to develop than the babies that weren't premature, so it was understandable.

"Raven is underweight but since she is only three weeks early her issues are just mild. Her body is covered in hair and her temperature is still not as it should be. We didn't notice any bigger issues thankfully." Louis let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding till now.
Marla led Louis towards Raven's incubator next.

"This is your daughter, Raven." the nurse smiled at them.

"Gosh." Louis stopped in his tracks when his eyes lingered over that little baby. She had a nappy only, nothing else.
"She is so small." Louis teared up as he walked closer.
"You can open the vents on the side if you want to touch her. But I will have to ask you to wash your hands before that." Louis nodded and looked around to see that the sink was in the corner of this room.

The nurse prepared the vents for him in the meanwhile, opening them when he arrived back with washed hands.

"Raven." Louis couldn't help but feel all emotional while his hands traveled through those vents, closer to his and Harry's little one.
"I love you, baby." he smiled although he couldn't help the tears that kept streaming down his cheeks. Louis noticed she had a lot of his features. He wished she would have at least green eyes like Harry if nothing else.
"Gosh, I love you." Louis stayed with his newborn daughter for a while before he was asked to leave.
He still couldn't believe that she came from him and Harry.

Louis' next steps led straight towards the rooms for patients.
"Number 18." it was supposed to be this one if he remembered it right. He knocked quietly before walking in. He couldn't tell if it was really Harry lying in that sickbed. When he made few steps closer towards the bed he could tell it -in fact- was Harry.
"Baby." Louis mumbled to himself.
"I love you, I love you so fucking much. I was so scared." Louis covered his mouth. He didn't want to be loud since Harry needed his rest.
"I don't want them to take you away from me." Louis' eyes lingered all over that exhausted omega in front of him. He couldn't imagine how much the labour drained him. It was even worse because of Harry's condition and Louis was aware of it.

"I will go home real quick to get you some things. I didn't have time to bring you a bag. I have nothing for you or our little baby girl. I will be as quick as I can. Promise me not to go anywhere, okay?" Louis looked at his still sleeping boy through glassy eyes. He was still worried sick. He didn't want to leave Harry's side but he knew he needed to bring some things for all of them.
Louis leaned down and kissed Harry's forehead gently before caressing his pale cheek with the back of his hand.
"You make the prettiest children." he smiled at his boy before he headed towards the exit of the room.

——————————————————————————
A/N
Hello everyone.
I know those two last chapters were little unexpected. I am sorry if there was any incorrect information, I am still just a human being. Louis' first therapy session was on 4th july and that also happened to be the day of Raven's birth.
I hope you still enjoyed the chapter.

Look after yourselves and take care.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜