Epilogue - sad

Louis was slowly falling asleep on the bed when something got into his face.
"Rae..." he opened his eyes just to see his daughter's hand touching his skin.
"Aa!" she was lying on her tummy, right in front of Louis' face. They were playing but he had enough for today. It was only something around five though and Raven seemed to be full of energy.

"Baby, come sleep." he said to her, maybe expecting her to understand.
"Ba!" she squealed and began to crawl away.
"Rae!" Louis caught her and picked her up before she could fall off the bed.

"Careful darling." he kissed her forehead. Rae just made a face at that.
"Yeah, sorry. Daddy hasn't shaved, I know." Louis smiled tiredly at her and she smiled in response.
Her eyes were still blue but Louis could see the green colour that was crawling in. He hoped she will have Harry's green eyes and curly hair. She had lot of hair for a little baby, but of course for now it was too short to tell if it's straight or curly.

Today it was five months since Rae left the incubator.
"Okay, someone is all smiley." Louis laid her down and blew a raspberry on her tummy.
Raven giggled at that loudly.
"Aaaaaa!" she kicked her little legs.

It was a lot of work with her. After some time Louis stopped counting all the sleepless nights he went through and the headaches he got.

The bell rang.

"Ba ba." Rae looked at Louis like she was asking him something.
"Who is it? Hmm? Let's find out." he picked Raven up into his arms and made his way through the flat. It was completely 'redesigned'.

In the living room was a playing blanket with even more toys, in the kitchen was a seat where Louis could place her while he prepared their food. She had toys above her head to play with and since there was a seatbelt she couldn't escape or hurt herself while he was cooking. In the bathroom was a lot of baby shower gels and oils along with that baby bath that he used for bathing the little girl.

"Who is it?" he asked Raven when they stopped in front of the entrance door.
He opened them to relieve Anne.
"Hi." she greeted Louis before her eyes darted to the little one in his arms.
"Hi Raven." Raven stared back at her while sucking on her whole hand.
"Baby, no. We have dummies for that, okay?" Louis took the hand out of her mouth which made the little girl upset. A loud cry spread through the hallway right after he took it out.
"Sorry, I need to get her a dummy. Do you wanna come in?"
"I'd love to." she nodded and made a step inside the doorway. She closed the door behind her and took her shoes down.

"Here Rae. This one has star on it, look!" He tried to get her to stop crying.
"Okay, just have it." he placed the dummy betweeen her lips. Raven soon sucked the dummy in and the crying finally stopped.
"Good." he sighed and turned towards Anne. She was standing just few steps away from them.
"Take a seat. Would you like some tea?" Louis offered as he rested Raven on his hip.

"No, I just came to see that little angel. I also want to talk to you." Louis shrugged internally and came over to the couch.
"Okay." he took a seat next to Anne, lying Raven on his chest.
"I have free evening and a free day tomorrow." Anne informed him.
"Alright, that's good." Louis said, not really knowing what else to say.

"Can I hold her?" she asked him.
Louis nodded and took Raven off his chest carefully. Anne happily took her into her arms.
"I came to look after my little granddaughter while you have some you time. I don't care what you are gonna do. I just want you to be safe, yeah?"
"Well I- what should I be doing? What do you mean?" Louis frowned.
"I don't know. You can go out for a bit or just stay home and go to sleep. Whatever you need you do." Louis really didn't expect this at all.
"But-" he cut himself off.
"You can count on me at least one day and night each month. You need some rest, some proper time for yourself."
"That's- so nice. Thank you, but I don't really know what to do with myself anymore."
"That's exactly why you should start taking better care of yourself. You can't ignore your needs and your own brain and body. I understand you want to be the best father and you are doing very well but please, take care of yourself too." Anne turned towards him in order to look him in the eyes. She meant every single word.