49

Louis was waiting in the hallway of the hospital while Harry was in labor.
They had to do abdominal delivery since Harry was a boy and Louis had to stay outside.

He was nervous, so fucking nervous.

They had everything prepared at home. The crib, the little cute clothes, the pram...

Louis assembled the crib just yesterday. It was white, made of wood and they had it situated right next to their bed. They needed the baby close, because they were going to need attention all the time.

Louis smiled a little. He couldn't wait to see Harry with their little one in his arms.

After maybe two hours the door from the operating room opened.

"Mr.Tomlinson?" the nurse approached the alpha that stopped his restless movements as soon as he heard his name.
"Yes, that's me."

"Congratulations, you have a daughter, Raven Tomlinson Styles." the nurse informed him.

Daughter. Harry gave birth to their daughter.
Louis began to tear up, tears of both, happiness and relieve, escaping his eyes

"My omega?" he questioned.
"Still operating. Raven was already taken to the 'baby' room. You can go to see her a bit later, just make sure to tell the nurse who you are."
"And shouldn't I wait for-" the nurse cut him off, shaking her head.

"No, no. It will take some more time."
"Alright." Louis nodded although he didn't like to leave Harry.

He strolled down the hallway, making his way towards the room with babies.

He knocked on the door after maybe another ten minutes, waiting for the nurse to open the door.

"Hello, who are you here for?" the nurse asked.
"My newborn daughter Raven should be here somewhere." Louis looked around the room quickly.
"Yeah, she is."
"They told me that I can come see her while they take care of my omega." a glimpse of sadness could be seen in the nurse's eyes, but Louis didn't notice that.
"Of course." she smiled at Louis, letting him in.

"Wait, let me bring her." she went to grab one of the pink cribs, rolling it towards Louis, who was growing nervous once again. He was about to see his daughter for the first time.

"Raven, your dad is here." she whispered to the little baby, whom was already dressed.

There was also that typical hospital pacifier in her mouth, keeping her calm.

Louis gasped, his eyes welling up with tears once again.
"Raven." he rasped, crouching down so he could be closer to her.

"Can I touch her?" Louis whispered, glancing at the nurse for a second.
"Wash your hands first, please." the nurse pointed to the sink that was there.

Louis did as he was told, returning to that little miracle with swift steps.

"Oh." he touched her hand. It was so tiny. Her fingers were so small.

When Louis let go of her hand he reached out to caress her head while smiling widely.

"She is precious."

After some more time the rurse told him he should leave. Louis understood, leaving the room and his daughter alone. He didn't want to, but he knew he had to.

He wandered around the hallway, not knowing where Harry was right now. Was he still in the operating room? Was he already in his room?

Louis didn't know what to do and he was growing frustrated.