92

The alpha was sitting in a chair, his right leg bouncing up and down from pure nervousness.

"Mr. Tomlinson." a door opened and Louis' name was said.
"That is me." he got up from his chair, walking towards the woman that called out for him.
"Doctor Holland is awaiting you." Louis nodded and gave her a smile although he wasn't feeling calm a single bit.

He walked through the door just to be led through another one. When he made his way through them as well he could see the doctor sitting in an armchair.

"Hello Mr. Tomlinson. Take a seat please." he gestured for the alpha to sit down.
"Hello, thank you." Louis did as he was told.

"So for starters, I'd like to ask if you prefer to be called by your surname or would you like me to call you by your name? What makes you more comfortable?"
"I think the names? It's more friendly..." Louis answered the question quietly.
"Of course. I am Peter." the doctor smiled and reached out with his hand for Louis to shake.

"I am Louis."
"Alright Louis, now let's talk about why you came here today." the doctor looked up at him.
The alpha suddenly felt uncomfortable on a whole new level.

"Well, my life is- my life is-" he looked down to his shaking hands.

"Your life is a mess? Does that fit?" Louis just nodded silently.
"Mm, why do you think your life is a mess?" the doctor asked slowly.

"I don't know." Louis answered truthfully, his brows pulling together as he thought about it.

"When did it went wrong according to you?" Louis thought back to when his mom got her diagnosis.

"I don't really now but it worsened after my mother- my mother got-" Louis huffed out a breath, tears forming in his clear blue eyes.
"What happened to your mother?"

"She- got down with a- an illness." Louis let the tears spill. He couldn't hold them back.
"And since then your life kept getting worse, am I right?"

"Yes." Louis nodded, his breath hitching.
"I t-thought I was a curse."

"Can you tell me more about this?"

"Whenever I was with someone or- something like that, I brought them bad luck. I still do."

"I know it feels like it but all these things that happened to anyone around you weren't in your competence. It has nothing to do with you being around them. It's life. As an example, they would get ill even if you weren't talking to them, even if they didn't know you. You are not a curse." the alpha looked up to meet the doctor's eyes. This was going to be intense.

———
"Alright Louis. I will see you next week." the doctor handed the alpha a paper with the bill for today's session.
"Thank you."
"Have a great day." the doctor said before Louis turned around to leave.
"You too."

His eyes were still glassy and heavy from all those emotions he let out. He never thought he could let out so many of them in such a short period of time.
As Louis walked out of the building he realized his steps weren't as heavy as when he arrived here almost two hours ago.

He felt actually calm after so long...
His body and his mind felt relaxed.

What made him feel more heavy once again was the worry. He was worried about his omega.
"Time to see him." he told to himself as he opened the door to his car.

———

Harry woke up due to a sharp pain in his lower abdomen. He shifted a little on the bed, thinking it was just from the position he was in. Once he moved he realized it wasn't like that. The pain got only worse and more prominent than before.