1.00 𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖫𝖮𝖦𝖴𝖤

...

Olive sat on Coach's desk, staring at the leather-clad man in front of her. Despite the information he'd just spewed at her, her expression was surprisingly calm.

"So, are you in?" Derek said, now approaching Olive as she tilted her head, squinting her eyes at him slightly.

"Let me get this straight," She folds her arms over her chest as Derek gestures for her to continue. "You bite me, giving me superpowers and the ability to turn into a wolf-"

"Partially," Derek interrupts and Olive rolls her eyes.

"Partially turn into a wolf, and I help you defend yourself against these hunters?" 

"It's not just me, you'll have to defend yourself too. And the other members of the pack," Olive held back a snicker at his words and Derek looked at her in confusion. "Why are you laughing."

"You're being very serious about this. Do you hear what you're saying to me right now?" She says, smiling up at him and Derek just scoffs, shaking his head.

"If you're not gonna take this seriously then-"

"Come on, Derek, I was just trying to alleviate some of the very obvious tension in this room," She pauses, thinking for a minute before she nods. "Fine, I'll do it." Derek seems satisfied with her answer and steps forward, but she holds out a hand to stop him. "So, how many others are there?"

"So far?" Derek raises an eyebrow and Olive nods. "Just you."

Her eyes go as wide as saucers as she stares at him, he tries to come closer again but she stops him once more, fear more evident on her face.

"Is this your first time doing this?" She says, swallowing a bit hard after her sentence. Derek rolls his eyes, stepping back against the wall and folding his arms over his chest.

"No." 

"But you said I'm the first one."

"First successful one," Derek nods, looking back at her and Olive tilts her head. 

"What happened to the other one?" 

"It didn't work."

"Yeah, but are they like- okay?" 

"He is fine, as far as I can tell. Nothing happened. But there is a chance that you could die from this," Derek says, folding his arms and shifting the weight on his feet.

"Don't you think that should've been the first thing you said? Like, "Hey, Olive, do you wanna be a werewolf and help me fight some hunters? Oh, by the way, this may not even work and it could also kill you." probably would've been a good starter," She rambled nervously and Derek snickered at her nerves.

"Olive, OLIVE!" Derek grabbed her shoulders, stopping her incessant rambling, taking a deep breath, and motioning for her to do the same. 

"You done?" Derek raises an eyebrow and she nods. "Okay, yes, the bite could kill you. But I don't think it will. I kind of have an eye for these things. And yes, I've only done this once but I have seen others do it multiple times and it'll only hurt for a couple of hours until it begins to heal. I promise you, if you want this, it won't be as bad as it seems." 

Olive sighs, looking him in the eye. She doesn't answer, only rolling her sleeve up and holding her arm out for him. Derek smirks, taking it and biting her, beginning her transformation.

...