4.13 𝖯𝖨𝖳𝖸 𝖯𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖸

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Olive's alarm went off and she turned over to silence it, she audibly groaned at the date. August 25th, her birthday. Usually, she'd be excited for such a day. Her mother always made pumpkin pancakes and would take her to get her favorite coffee, and ever since she was 14 her father would let her drive around an empty parking lot or some backroads, as long as she vowed never to tell her mother. This time, however, she was not excited to be turning another year older. While she was going to be turning 18, which is conventionally exciting for any teen, this year would be the first birthday she'd be spending without both her parents present. So, as she explained in great length to all of her friends and family, she wanted today to be virtually nonexistent, treated like any other day. 

She rolled out of bed, got ready, and ventured out into the living room, but to her surprise, the Argents and Isaac were sitting at the counter with balloons scattered across the kitchen. They were wearing cheap, dollar-store party hats and Isaac had a party horn in his mouth. Her face immediately fell as they all yelled "Happy Birthday!" in unison and adorned wide smiles. 

"Oh, wow," Olive said, eyes wide as she approached the counter, which was littered with coffee from her favorite hole-in-the-wall coffee shop and a fresh breakfast spread, presumably made by Allison. "What happened to keeping it small?"

"This is small," Allison shrugged, grabbing a piece of bacon and taking a bite out of it. "Smaller than Isaac wanted."

"Hey, weren't you the one who said we should get a cake?" He looked over at her with furrowed eyebrows and Allison shook her head.

"No, that was also you," She deadpanned, taking a sip of her coffee and Olive laughed lightly.

"Okay, maybe I wanted to actually celebrate you today," Isaac turned to look at her as she rolled her eyes. "You're 18! That only happens once, you know."

"Yes, I do know that," She raised her eyebrows lightly and took the coffee from the counter. "Just please tell me you didn't get me anything."

The three of them exchanged wide-eyed glances as Olive closes her eyes, a grin appearing on her face. 

"You all got me something, didn't you?" She looks back up at them and, as if rehearsed, they all pull out their gifts to her. "Isaac that box is huge."

"It's not as big as you think it is," He shook his head, lowering some of the box behind the counter so it would look smaller.

"That's- okay," She laughed lightly before shaking her head. "Let's get this over with."

One by one they presented her with their gifts, Isaac was up first and as she opened the absurdly large box she saw an equally absurdly large brown teddy bear in it with a big red bow tied around its neck. 

"I didn't know what else to get you, but we can go get something else if you want, there's a receipt in there-"

"It's great, thank you," She smiles at him before putting the bear at her feet and opening Allison's gift, which is a photo book of the two of them over the years.