2.14 𝖫𝖴𝖭𝖠𝖱 𝖤𝖢𝖫𝖨𝖯𝖲𝖤

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[Flashbacks are italicized]

Olive's eyes opened as she shot out of the tub, gasping for breath. Suddenly she was in a white room. Scott and Stiles awoke before her, seemingly waiting for her to wake as well. Her hands grasp the edge of the tub, pulling herself out of it. Water dripped down her face as she turned to Scott and Stiles, all of them not really knowing what to do next. Their feet padded on the white tile of the room, which seemed to be devoid of any life. They all exchange confused glances until they see something even stranger. At the other end of the room, there is a large tree stump, seemingly growing right out of the tiled floor. Without a word, the three of them cautiously approach it. Olive looks to Scott and Stiles before reaching out to touch the stump, tracing its lines with her fingers. As soon as she does her eyes snap shut and she's transported into a memory.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Olly, you know this job isn't normal, we're always going to have weird hours," Her father looks at her through the rearview mirror and she sighs, resting her head on the window next to her.

"I know, I just wish you didn't have to leave all the time," She sighs, playing with the hem of her shirt and David sends her a sympathetic smile from the mirror.

"Your father and I are very highly respected private security consultants and Federally Licensed Firearms Dealers, it's not exactly a nine-to-five, sweetheart," Her mother turns back to her and Olive nods, still looking out the window.

"I get it, it's just weird when you guys take off in the middle of the night with duffle bags full of automatic weapons," She says glumly and her parents exchange a look. "And I hate it when you're gone for long periods of time..."

She turns to look at them, seeing them both glance back at her as a boy runs out in the middle of the road, right in front of their car.

"Guys watch out!" She grips the sides of their seats as her father veers the car into the other lane, swerving without hitting him and continuing on. "You almost hit him!"

"He walked out into the middle of the road," Her mother said, staring straight ahead, sort of in shock.

"We have to go back, we have to make sure he's okay," She looks between her parents and her father furrows his eyebrows.

"Go back?"

"What if he's hurt, we have to go back, come on turn around," She looks between her parents and David sighs, making a U-Turn. He pulls the car onto the side of the road, parking it. The rain poured down on their windshield as Olive unbuckled, got out of the car, and looked down, noticing a series of footprints leading from the woods. She turns back to the car and then takes off, following them down the path.