3.04 𝖨𝖫𝖫𝖴𝖬𝖨𝖭𝖠𝖳𝖤𝖣

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After a few minutes of hearing the struggle behind the door, the room fell silent. Olive, Chris, and Susan shared a worried look before Chris gently pushed the two of them back, kicking open Olive's door and revealing the room before them.

Isaac was laid on his back, shuddering in fear from what he'd just seen. Olive ran to him, cupping his face and immediately pulling her hands back, turning to her parents.

"He's cold, guys, he's like ice," Olive's breath quickened as she pushed some of his hair out of his eyes. Isaac was out of it, rolling his head from side to side, his eyes losing focus. Chris and Susan met Olive on the floor, going on either side of Isaac. They shared a worried look, seemingly knowing more than they were letting on.

"Isaac, honey you need to turn," Susan said, grabbing his face and trying to reach him. Isaac began to panic, grabbing at the three of them and letting out shaky breaths.

"Isaac you need to listen to her, you need to turn," Chris nodded, raising his voice slightly so he could get through to him.

"Come on Isaac," Olive's voice was low, tears welling up in her eyes as she watched him writhe beneath the three of them.

"Trigger it, come on!" Chris yells, slapping Isaac across the face. Olive jumped back and turned to him with wide eyes. He kept hitting him, but it didn't seem to be working.

"Wait, stop!" Olive shouted, grabbing Chris and pulling him back slightly. "I have a better idea."

Olive unsheathed her claws and looked between the two of them before turning to Isaac, approaching him slowly.

"I'm sorry," She whispered before shoving her claws into his leg. Isaac screamed, sitting up as he felt the contact. His scream turned to a roar and his eyes burned a golden yellow. Olive sighed in relief as he crawled to the edge of her bed and sat against it. She met him there, grabbing his face and giving him a once over to make sure he was okay otherwise.

Isaac sat back, taking in his surroundings as his eyes began to well up with tears. Olive watched him as her own tears slipped. She'd never seen him cry before. Isaac looked between the three before him, chest heaving as he calmed himself.

"Did you see them?" He turned to Olive and she shook her head, unable to tear her eyes from him. He looked for a response from Susan and Chris but the two of them gave him the same answer. "There were five of them. They wore black. I couldn't- I couldn't see their faces, they were covered."

"What do you mean, like masks?" Susan said from in front of him and Isaac just stared to the side, a far-off look in his eyes.

"One of them, I could see his eyes. They were... greenish-yellow. Like a- Like a firefly," Isaac stuttered over his words, terrified of what he'd just experienced. Susan shared a look with Chris as he stood up, walking over to the windows. Olive pulled Isaac into her arms and he seemed to finally relax, listening to the sound of her heartbeat to steady his own.