1.02 𝖮𝖫𝖫𝖸

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A week later, Olive made her way to the warehouse after school. To say she was nervous might be an understatement. It was the night before a full moon and Olive still hadn't quite cracked her anchor. She grabbed her bag out of the car and made her way inside. Derek handed her a box and gave her the task of unpacking it. That didn't last long as the two of them ended up on the topic of the impending full moon and Olive began pacing the warehouse.

"Olly, you're making me dizzy," Derek sighs as he drops the chains he's attaching to the train and deadpans. Olive stops, huffing frustratedly as she turns to him. He raises an eyebrow at her and she rolls her eyes, shaking her head and moving to the box he'd wanted her to unpack. He nods at her, moving to the box next to him and pulling out a spikey headband.

"What is that?" She said, stopping in her tracks and staring directly at the contraption with wide eyes.

"Funny that you say that actually..." Derek trails off, looking up at her and Olive immediately shakes her head.

"Nope, no way, you are not coming near me with that thing," She takes several steps back, holding her hands up, preparing to stop him. 

"It's only because you can take more pain than he can," Derek says in a poor attempt to make her feel better, but Olive just widens her eyes further.

"I don't know if I should feel good about that or not," Her voice had a tinge of fear and Derek shook his head as she started wringing her hands together.

"Hey, come on, you will have an anchor by the next full moon, I swear," Derek says, taking steps toward her and she just looks at him with a worried look.

"Nothing worked, what if I can't have an anchor, is that possible?" Olive looked up at him wearily and Derek laughs and shakes his head.

"It's not about having a set anchor, it's about feeling something strong enough to attach your transformation to," He says and Olive just sighs. "Here's a deal, I will make it my mission to find you an anchor by next month if you promise to help me find at least two more."

Olive looks up at him and nods, already having a few more people in mind. The two sit in comfortable silence, her gaze falling back to the weird-head contraption that was now on the floor. Derek seems to notice it and chuckles.

"If you want, I can put the other one on him too," Now both of them are laughing as she helps him set up for the next evening. Suddenly Isaac bursts into the room, soaking wet from the rain. Derek and Olive share a look before he comes further into view.

"My dad's dead," Isaac says, causing the rest of his pack to widen their eyes.

"What did you do?" Derek says stepping closer to him.