1.30 𝖥𝖠𝖬𝖨𝖫𝖸 𝖱𝖤𝖴𝖨𝖭𝖨𝖮𝖭

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Olive swore she felt her heart stop as she looked down at her phone. She knitted her eyebrows together, picking it up and answering.

"Hello?" She said, her voice small and she heard her mother sigh over the phone.

"For a second there I wasn't sure if you were going to answer-"

"That's because for a second there I wasn't going to," Olive stated coldly and her mother exhaled.

"I deserve that," Olive scoffed. "I deserve that and so much more. I need to speak to you, can we meet?"

"How do I know this isn't a trap, I know Gerard knows about me," She said and she hears shuffling on the other end.

"Because I can't be here anymore, Olly," Her mother whispered into the phone and Olive closed her eyes, sighing.

"Fine. Where?"

"How about that park we used to take you to when you were younger, the one up by the high school?"

"The one with the ponies," Olive remembered the small park her parents brought her to almost every day until she started school and every day of the summer. It had these old rusted seesaw horses that she loved to play on. Her dad would get on one end and her mother would stand next to her as she sat on the other and they bounced up and down for hours. Olive pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car, immediately seeing the ponies. She walked up to them, a small grin appearing on her face as she held onto the handlebars of one of them.

"I remember you used to love these," She turned to see her mother walking up to her. Olive stiffened and cleared her throat.

"Used to."

"You came alone?" Her mother knitted her eyebrows together and tilted her head. Olive's breath hitched as she nodded her head. "What is Derek teaching you guys out there? Rule number one of meeting with questionable people is never to go alone, you understand me?"

"Yeah, I- our pack is a bit understaffed at the moment," Olive sighed and her mother looked at her confusedly. "Two members- they're leaving tonight," Her mother's face softens and she nods.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, that must be hard on you. It's not that boy you like, is it?"

"No," Olive shifted on her feet. "But he's thinking about it."

"And are you?" Concern flashed on her mother's face and Olive shook her head.

"No, I'd never leave Derek he's-" She looked up at her mother and then stopped herself. Her mother smiled slightly, nodding.

"You can say it," Olive nodded and smiled slightly.

"He's my family."

"I'm really happy you found someone good to take care of you, he seems like he does. With the way Gerard described you two at the police station-" Her mother stopped herself. "How did you find an anchor so fast?"

"I don't know, it just kinda came to me," Olive shrugged, she furrowed her eyebrows, looking up at her mother in realization. "This isn't an interrogation or something, is it? I mean you still haven't told me why we're here."

Olive's mother sighed and gestured to a park bench nearby. Olive nodded and sat with her.

"Did you know I didn't even know about anything supernatural until I married your father? He was born into this but I married into it- and I didn't want anything to do with it at first. Until we had you," She nudged her side and a small smile grew on Olive's face. "My only purpose in life was to protect you. Your father got in my head and it made me take the things that go bump in the night a lot more seriously."

"So you took up hunting," Olive stated and she nodded.

"At first we just captured them for the Argents to deal with, nothing serious, nothing harmful. Then we got closer with Chris and Victoria, who introduced us to Kate and Gerard, and we got roped into the whole deal. I've wanted out for a long time, Olly. I never wanted this for you, I wanted to keep you out of all things supernatural, that's partially why we never told you. I just- I wanted to keep you safe."

Olive turned to her mother, a tear rolling down her cheek. Her mother smiled slightly, exhaling through her nose and wiping her tear.

"Don't cry, my love, the story isn't over yet. I have a plan, but it involves the help of you, and what's left of your pack. Even the ones who aren't wolves. The strange one- what's his name? Stiles, we'll need him too."

"Wait- what?"

"Gerard has ulterior motives, I went snooping last night and I think he's planning something bigger, it happens tonight. I know I have given you no grounds to trust me, but I need you to, just for today. Then you'll never have to see me again."

Olive furrowed her eyebrows and sighed.

"Let me talk to Derek," Her mother sighed in relief and Olive held her hand up. "I'm going to get his opinion on this. But I wouldn't get your hopes up, everyone on my side kind of hates you."

"Olly, I'm kind of in the middle of something," Derek says as he answers the phone and Olive rolls her eyes.

"You can finish beating Peter up later, this is important," She deadpanned and heard him shift over the phone.

"Okay, what's up?" He asks, changing his tone, and she sighs.

"My mom came to see me-"

"She what?!" He sort of shouts and Olive pulls the phone away from her ear.

"Listen, she found out something about Gerard and she wants to help us, apparently somethings going down tonight," Olive sighed, turning back to her mom who gives her a small wave from the bench.

"Well do you trust her?"

"I don't know, I listened to her heartbeat the entire time and it didn't jump once, but she's a trained hunter-"

"But she's your mom, Olly, you know. Do you trust her?" Derek asks again and Olive furrows her eyebrows and looks down at her shoes.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do."

"Okay, take her to the game tonight. If he's gonna try to pull anything it's gonna be on one of you and the games the perfect opportunity. Be careful, Olly."

"I will."

"Okay, talk to you later.

"Yeah, love you, bye."

Derek looks down at his phone and scrunches up his nose smiling slightly. She'd never said that before.

"How sweet," Peter says weakly from the floor.

"Shut up."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───