1.01 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖥𝖨𝖱𝖲𝖳 𝖤𝖭𝖢𝖮𝖴𝖭𝖳𝖤𝖱

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It'd been a week since Olive got the bite and so far, she was still the only wolf in Derek's pack. She'd gotten a lot closer with him since the whole "hey let me turn you into a werewolf" situation. She'd visited his place every day since then, learning how to control her abilities while also learning to use them in combat. There's one thing she hasn't quite mastered: her anchor. She'd tried everything from tieing it to emotion to trying to focus on important people to her. Nothing worked, which meant her chances of being able to control herself on the upcoming full moon were slim to none. 

"I'm going out," Derek said as he passes Olive training with a stack of punching bags next to her.

"Wait where? Is it time?" She said, unwrapping her hands as she rushes to Derek, who just smirked at her. "Oh my god it's totally time, you're going to make another wolf!"

"Only if he says yes," Derek says, grabbing his jacket and keys.

"Who is it? Do I know him? Can I come with you?" She says getting closer and closer to Derek as she speaks, making him chuckle.

"Not telling you, I don't know, and no," Olive frowns at his less-than-satisfactory answers making Derek smile before turning on his heels and leaving. She turns around, looking around the room, and deciding to keep training until he gets back.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"This is the place, you'll come here to train and learn about your newfound lifestyle," Olive's ears perk up from the couch, rushing downstairs to greet Derek.

"And this is- Oh my god," Derek says as Olive appears, having run down using her speed. "This is Olive, Olive this is-"

"Lahey?" She says and Isaac chuckles from in front of her, nodding sheepishly.

"You two do know each other," Derek says, looking between them.

"He's on the lacrosse team, I'm Coach's assistant so we're familiar," Olive explains, eyes darting between the two guys in front of her.

"Yeah, you're in my chem class too," Isaac says and Olive grins, nodding.

"I wasn't sure if you recognized the back of my head," Olive says, causing Isaac to move, looking behind her head as to examine it.

"Yep, that's you," He pats her head causing her to laugh. Derek just standing there awkwardly.

"Okay, so now that there's two of you, let's run some drills?" Derek says and Olive looks at him confused.

"He's already-?" Olive begins and Derek nods. "Oh, it's on Lahey."

"Is it?" Isaac raises an eyebrow and Olive nods confidently. "Okay, race you to the mats."

The two set off, Olive trying to push Isaac out of the way and vice versa. They both end up tripping over each other, falling onto the floor and laughing. Derek sighs, walking over to them and standing above them. The two immediately stifle their laughter and begin sparring.

"Okay, Olive has a bit of a better grip on her abilities so-" Derek starts as Isaac runs at Olive, who ends up flipping him over, causing him to land ass-flat onto the mat. "-take it easy."

"Yeah, I gathered that," Isaac says, reaching up for assistance. Olive grins, taking his hand and pulling him up.

"Each werewolf has a strength and weakness, Olive, we have discovered, excels in speed but takes longer to heal. Isaac, today we are gonna find out what yours are," Derek says, stepping toward the two, and Isaac nods.

After hours of sparring, Isaac finally got the hang of his abilities, causing Olive to finally have a fair fight. Upon further discovery, they found out that Isaac's strong suit is strength and his weakness is speed.

"Now that you know each other's strengths and weaknesses, I want you to start playing on them in your fights," Derek says, circling the two who were perched up, ready to fight. "Olive, how could you use Isaac's strength and weakness to your advantage?"

"He's stronger than me but I'm faster than him. I just have to outrun him until I can get the element of surprise," Olive states confidently.

"What about you, Isaac?" Derek says, standing behind Isaac now.

"She heals slower than I do, I'm just gonna stab her with a really big knife," He says, looking at Olive who tries to stifle her laughter.

"I'm being serious," Derek says, crossing his arms.

"So was I," Isaac says, turning to look at him.

"You gotta catch me first," Olive retorts before taking off, running around the entire warehouse. Isaac scoffs, rolling his eyes and taking off after her. After a sort-of-extreme game of tag, the two settle down, and Derek hands each of them a water bottle.

"You two should get home, you have school tomorrow."

"We still have to go?" Isaac says, causing Olive to chuckle. "What?"

"She had the same reaction," Derek says, pressing his hand to the bridge of his nose.

"And he said that, yes, we do still have to go 'cause we have to keep an eye on Scott," Olive finishes Derek's sentence, who just looks at her with an amused look on his face as Isaac groans.

"Great."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───