4.03 𝖡𝖠𝖢𝖪 𝖳𝖮 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖥𝖴𝖳𝖴𝖱𝖤

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The rain poured down as the four of them rushed Derek into the animal clinic, laying him on one of the exam tables. Olive, Stiles, Lydia, Scott, and now Deaton gathered around Derek, who had fallen unconscious sometime into the drive home.

"Wow," Deaton looked dumbfoundedly down at Derek and Stiles quirked an eyebrow, looking up at him.

"Wow? Wow as in I've seen this before and know exactly how to fix it, kinda wow? Cause that's kind of what we were hoping for," He tilts his head as Deaton looks over at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton nodded at Stiles and Olive reached down, grabbing Derek's hand.

"He's cold, like really cold," She looked up at Deaton with furrowed eyebrows and he grabbed his hand, checking his pulse.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott turned to Deaton, concern littering his face and Deaton just shook his head as he shined a light into Derek's eyes.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience," He shook his head, looking at the group of teens.

"So what do we do now?" Lydia looked at Deaton, who shrugged.

"Until he wakes up? Nothing. I think it's best you leave him with me, he'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Olive chewed on her thumbnail, glancing nervously from Derek to Deaton.

"If she's alive, and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to get past that gate," He nodded at Olive, who still wasn't convinced, continuing to go to town on her thumbnail.

"Hey, stop that," Stiles shook his head, pulling her arm down to her side and she glared at him.

"Why would she wanna do this to him?" Lydia questioned, shaking her head slightly.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be good for anyone but her," Deaton glanced between the teens as Stiles scoffs.

"And bad for everyone else."

Deaton examines the group before him, all of them looking incredibly tired, and rightfully so. None of them had really gotten any sleep since they'd been to Mexico.

"You know you guys should probably go home," He nodded to the teens, who looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "He doesn't look to be in any immediate danger, so maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you," Scott nods at Deaton, and Olive looks down at Derek before turning to Scott.

"I'll stay," She shrugs, turning to the rest of the group. "I'm not getting much sleep as is, plus my grades are fine, even though I missed more than a few classes."