Chapter 9 - It's Just A Date, Nothing Else

"If the club you were working at got shot up, why the hell would you go work at a different one?" Sumiko asked. "Didn't you think that the same thing could happen again?"

"I did, but I started making a lot of money at the current club I'm working at, so..."

"So you prioritize money over your well-being?"

"In a way."

Sumiko shook her head and got up from the couch with the now empty popcorn bowl in her hands. She went into the kitchen and washed the bowl, returning it where she got it from. "Wait, you said the club was shot up the same night you got that tattoo?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"Do you think the two are connected?"

"I don't know. I didn't really see who was all involved in the shooting." I then thought about what had happened to John after all that. "Now that I think about it, I don't even know what happened to John."

"He probably fled the country or something." Sumiko came back and sat down next to me. "From what I could tell from your story, he was into some sort of shady business or something."

"Yeah...wait, do you think he sold me to some group or country?" I reached my arm behind me and touched my tattoo. "And this tattoo is proofed that I've been sold?!"

"That could be the case."

I grabbed her shoulders. "Sumiko! What do I do?!"

"First of all, you need to chill." I removed my hands from her. "Secondly, this happened what? Two years ago?"

"Yeah."

"Wouldn't you think whoever brought you lost interest by now?"

"Hmm, maybe." I started thinking about that group of men that was after me for awhile. "They were after me because I ran out on them like some dude who runs out on the bill at an expensive restaurant" I thought. "But maybe..."

"(Y/n), I don't want you to worry yourself about this." I looked back at Sumiko. "Remember, life is too short, so grab a beer and make out with a couple of people."

"That last part is just your personal motto, Sumi."

She let out a laugh. "Yeah, but that's just how I've been living my life."

"Well, you do have a point about life being too short." I let out a sigh of somewhat relief. "If I really was some group of men or country's merchandise, especially the group of men part, I might as well turn it to my own personal harem."

"You can't mix anime into this" she told me. "Also, you don't seem the type to have a harem of guys. With your shy ass, I don't think you could handle a harem. It's best you just focus on settling down with one guy." 

"I ain't settling down anytime soon." I got up from the couch and went to grab a bottle of water. "Also, I'm just saying, a harem of guys sounds pretty dope." Sumiko unlocked her phone and looked up a song on youtube. I could hear her play the opening song of OHSHC(ouran high school host club). "That only applies if they're hosts."

"You get my point." She stopped playing the song. "Oh, (Y/n)."

"Yeah?"

"You know how you told me that you've been staying here for a couple of months now."

"Yeah?"

"If that was the case, why does this place look barely touched?"

"Well I was going back and forth with staying here for a few days and staying in hotel rooms."