Chapter 25 - And I Oop...

I was able to sleep somewhat comfortably last night. Okay not really. I kept thinking about if Satori made it back safely and about the whole Mikey wanting to see me again thing. I knew asking Kakucho about either one of them would be pointless because I figured he wasn't going to tell me anything. I also didn't want to ask him about Satori because I feared about the answer he would give me. I'm just going to assume he's safe and probably will never get in contact with me ever again.

"Wait, if I'm seeing Mikey again is he going to make me sit in his lap like last time?" I thought as I looked through the clothes I had in Kakucho's closet. "Now that I think about it, what did he mean about it not being the same?" I was remembering how he reacted to me caressing his cheek the last time we met/talked. "If I wasn't mistaken, he seemed disappointed about that."

A knock was heard on the bedroom door. "Are you almost ready, (Y/n)?" Kakucho stood outside the door.

"Not really." I mean I'm not lying. I didn't even have any pants on. "I'll be ready in like five minutes."

"Okay." Kakucho walked away from the door and walked into the kitchen. He decided to make himself a cup of coffee. "What am I going to do with her?" he asked himself. "I don't think I can even trust her to stay here in the apartment by herself anymore." His coffee was ready and he stood next to the sink, taking a sip from his coffee mug. "Do I have guards watch over her or do I take her with me when I leave the apartment from now on?" He took another sip and heard me walk into the bathroom. "I guess I'll figure that out after what Mikey has to say to her today."

In the bathroom, I installed one of the other wigs Koko had got for me. Even though I was still upset with him, I wasn't going to let these perfectly good wigs and clothes go to waste like that. "There, this sort of style suits me more" I said as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. "I can even add baby hairs if I wanted to unlike with that other wig." I watched my face scrunch up with disgust just thinking about what happened not to long ago. I then shook my head and cleared my mind. "I can't be worried about that right now since I'm literally about to go meet a man that strikes fear into me whenever I see him" I thought to myself and left the bathroom. "Okay, I'm ready now."

Kakucho looked me up and down. "That's different than what you would usual wear."

The way he looked at me made me somewhat embarrassed and flustered all at the same time. "I thought this business look would be fitting for the occasion" I explained. "Even though you guys do shady business" I whispered underneath my breath.

"What was that, (Y/n)?" Kakucho heard me. He just wanted to see if I would repeat myself or not.

"Nothing" I lied and walked over to him. "Oh, yeah." I ran over to the couch where my bag was. I reached down and grabbed my phone, turning the screen on. I saw a whole lot of notifications ranging from miss calls and unread text messages. "It's probably just from them" I thought and turned the screen off. "I would hope Sumiko is enjoying her vacation instead of trying to see what I'm up to" I continued to think as I put my phone back in the bag and brought it with me.

Kakucho and I left his apartment and walked outside towards where his car was. We both got in and Kakucho started driving. As he drove, I kept thinking about what happened yesterday. "Man, imagine if I never went to go save Satori" I thought. "I would have been in the clear and could try to live a normal life again" I continued to think. Even though I thought that, I didn't really feel like that. I knew deep down I would feel guilty for letting something bad happened to Satori. "He's lucky I'm a good friend" I mumbled.

"You're not going to play any of your music?" Kakucho asked.

"Eh. I need time to find a song for how I'm currently feeling." I brought out my phone from my bag and unlocked it. I really fought the urge to just leave the notifications on the phone icon and message icon but I couldn't do it. "I'll look for something after I clear these messages." I opened the phone icon and that cleared those notifications right away. "See I knew it was just going to Ran and them" I thought as I went to the text messages. I skimmed over the messages and got ready to go to Spotify when I got an incoming text message from Koko. "Hmph." I left the message on read and opened Spotify. I scrolled through my playlist and settled on my System of The Down playlist.