Chapter 51 - Birthday part 2

"Okay?" I was confused. What could possible be in the mall that he wants to show me. "Maybe he wants to take me to that candy shop so I can lick a lollipop?" I thought and I violently shook my head. "No, (Y/n), that's not who we are anymore" I mumbled to myself as I looked over at Kakucho. I saw him look at his phone. "Is he checking to make sure we're going the right way or something?" I thought as he told me to keep walking forward.

The two of us walked around for a bit until Kakucho came across the store he was looking for. "This store doesn't really seem like they sell the things (Y/n) would like" he thought as he looked over at me.

"Spencer's?" I turned to look at him. "You wanted to take me to Spencer's for my birthday?"

"Well I wanted to take you to a store that sold what was it? Anime?" He was pretty sure that was the name. "It told me this store and one other sold anime related products."

"Pfft." I started laughing.

"What?"

I wiped a tear away from my left eye and tried to stop laughing. "Kakucho, you've never been to this store before have you?"

"No." He still didn't know why I was laughing. "I still don't understand what was funny."

"Just follow me." I walked into the store with Kakucho right behind me. "See, it does sell anime related products but" I went further back into the store. "It also sells things like this." I pointed at the giant rainbow cock shaped lollipop. I looked at him and could tell he was at a lost for words. "Yeah, I was speechless too when I snuck back here when I was like 16." I looked at another rainbow cock shaped lollipop. "Oh, they have a sour one now." In the back of my head, my thought about licking a lollipop came back. "There's that lollipop I was talking about" I thought.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)."

"Why are you apologizing?" I went over to the lingerie section they had, browsing what little selection they had. "You not knowing the secret about Spencer's made me laugh." I walked back over to him. "So I say my birthday has gotten a little better so far." I gave him a smile.

Kakucho sighed. "If you say so."

I looked around Spencer's a bit more while Kakucho waited for me outside the store. He was still in slight disbelief about the sort of store Spencer's was. "I should have checked out the website more" he thought as he heard his phone go off. He reached into his pocket to see who it was that was trying to get in touch with him. "It's Kanji with the file I asked him for earlier." He opened the message which had a picture attached to it. The picture in questioned was the file they had on me. "So it did say her birthday is today."

I walked out of Spencer's and spotted Kakucho standing near a plant that was across from the store. "Hey Kakucho, I want to go to Hot Topic next." I watched him put his phone away and look at me.

"Hot Topic?"

"Yeah. They typically have a better selection of anime merch there than Spencer's." I walked over to him. "It's actually over there." I pointed behind him in the direction the store was.

"Is it like Spencer's?"

"Nope. It's a store that I can see your Boss, Mikey, shopping at."

"What's that suppose to mean, (Y/n)?"

I gave him a cheeky smile. "Come with me." I for some reason had the strong urge to hold my hand out to him but refuse to act on that urge. "It's not a date (Y/n), remember that" I told myself as I started walking towards Hot Topic with Kakucho following me.

The two of us arrived at the store and I think Kakucho understood what I was trying to say about Mikey shopping here. "I can see him buying something from here" Kakucho thought as he watched me enter the store. He stood outside for a few seconds before he decided to follow me inside.