Chapter 50 - Birthday

It's been a month since the hair store incident and I never really saw Rindou again after that. It's totally wasn't me avoiding him because he killed a 'friend' of mine or anything *slight cap* I just never got the chance to see him since I spend the majority of my day locked up in Kakucho's apartment. And no, Kakucho didn't actually lock me up, it was my choice not to go out anywhere even when Kakucho offers to take me to the store. I just politely decline his offers and tell him I'll do online shopping if I want something. Also it's better I stay put, I don't need to be out there killing people unintentionally...well I'm not the one doing the killing, it's Bonten doing that.

"My new wig should be coming in today." I checked the website I brought the wig from and it told me it would arrive later today. I left the website and saw I had a couple of text messages. "It's probably just Koko." I opened my messaging app and was surprised I had some text messages from Sumiko. "Oh, I got a voice message/chat from her." I clicked the message and listened to it.

"Happy Birthday, (nickname)! I know I won't be there to get turnt up with you today but best believe I'll get turnt with you in spirit! Well I'll have my lovely girlfriend get turnt with me but that's not important, what's is important is that I..."

"Birthday?" I put the recording on pause and checked my calendar. "I'll be damned, my birthday is today." I closed the calendar app. "That's crazy how I forgot my own birthday." I let out a little laugh. "But then again, these last four or five months have been hectic for me." I went back to listening to the recording Sumiko sent me. "Love you too, Sumi." I let out a sigh. Hearing her birthday message and how she'll always be my friend made me cheer up, just a little bit. "Of course those words would have more meaning if she told me in person." I stood up from the bed. "Maybe it'll help me get over this uneasy feeling that's being plaguing me for the past month."

"(Y/n)." Kakucho knocked on his bedroom door. "You have a package." This snapped me out of my train of thought.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" I walked over to the door and opened it. "You don't need to knock, this is still your room after all."

"I know that." He handed me the package. "Here."

I took the package from him and he left back into the living room. "He's still giving me space like he did when Aoi died." I decided not to close the door and open the package. "Oh! It's the wig I ordered." I took the wig out of it's package and examined it. "I like this medium brown color." The wig was a 20 inch loose wave lace front. "Oh, they even bleached the knots." I made my way into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. "I'm not wasting no time putting this bad boy on."

Just like I said, I installed the wig and made a few adjustments to the it. "Middle part or side part?" I parted the hair down the middle and stared at my reflection. "Hmm, I mean I've never really had a middle part when I style my wigs or even my own hair." I switched the middle part to a side part. "But this side part is my lifestyle." I put the comb I was using down on the bathroom sink and went back into Kakucho's room for my phone. "Maybe I'll find some inspiration on Pinterest." I looked up some hairstyles and settled on one that had a middle part. "You know, fuck it." I parted the hair down the middle and brought out a curling wand I had Kakucho buy for me a long time ago. "Let's put some more curls in this bitch."

After I styled the wig just like I wanted to, an idea pop into my head. "I've never really got glammed up on my birthday before except for that one time Sumiko took me out for my birthday." I messed with some of the curls in the wig. "But that doesn't really count because I did a half ass job." I left the bathroom and went into Kakucho's room to raid his closet since a good portion of my clothes I got from Koko were still in there. "With that said, I think I'm going to go all out on my makeup and outfit today." I began to toss around several dresses that were hanging up. "I know there's at least a few non-Koko influenced outfits in here." I tossed around a few more outfits until I came across a black sleeveless cross wrap bodycon dress. "It even has a nice high slit." I took the dress off it's hanger, left the closet, and grabbed my makeup bag. I then made my way back into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.